*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043559-a-phone-call
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#1043559 added January 23, 2023 at 12:24pm
Restrictions: None
a phone call
I just heard from a good friend this morning that she had fallen and was in the hospital for a few days. She is a very private person and never asks for help. Thankfully, she had her phone and called her neighbor who immediately came to her rescue. She is in a critique group with me and feels like she won't be able to attend this time even though it is on Zoom. Her speech was slower and I felt like she was really concentrating on her words. She will be 85 in April. She cracked some bones in her sacrum but is getting around with a walker, very painful. Although the doctor did not seem to be worried about it (her words), she has a crack in her skull with a small amount of blood showing up behind one eye (nothing to do about that, he says, except allow time for it to reabsorb. I am very worried about her.

© Copyright 2023 Happy April 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy April 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043559-a-phone-call