*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044035-Writing-The-Bible
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1044035 added February 1, 2023 at 11:12pm
Restrictions: None
Writing The Bible
Writing The Bible


What all goes into a new television series? Usually, the list of your main characters with a brief description of each one, a list of settings, both interior and exterior with brief descriptions, and a list of some of your episodes with brief descriptions. Some differ on how much detail you should put in your descriptions, but I choose five lines for each one. That’s just me, though. Others might disagree with that.

They also might disagree with the number of episodes that should be in it. I choose one hundred because that used to be four- or five years' worth of episodes. Nowadays, it’s more like seven to ten, and that’s if you are lucky. It used to be twenty to twenty-five episodes a season. Now you’re lucky if it’s eight to ten. If I had it my way, it would be two seasons. After all, if the
Daytime Dramas can do five days a week for fifty weeks a year, there is no reason why we can’t do it too.

The Bible for this series, SpaceHorrors, is a little bit different that most Bibles. That’s because it’s an Anthology series. There are no main characters. They change with each episode. No regular settings either. True, they all may be similar, but they also may be slightly different too. It all depends on where the episode takes place.

I’m already going to be compromising myself with this television series. I prefer to use terminology related to what the story dictates. What I am trying to write is that I like to use terms related to that planet, race, etc. with so many different planets, and races, etc. that would be very hard for me to do. So, I have no choice but to use terms like a chair, couch, house or home, siblings, brothers, sisters, parents, etc. Most of the universe doesn’t use terms like that, but I will for this series.

If it’s The Bible for a new television series, it’s best to go with the traditional type of Bible aka a list of characters, settings, and episodes. Unless it’s an Anthology series like SpaceHorrors is, and if it is, then my way is better. At least I think that is the way it should be. It’s all up to you how you want to write The Bible for your new television series. This is my way, and it may or may not be your way.

Speaking of how I write The Bible for my television shows, I chose the traditional way for my Water Wars scriptwriting project and only my episodes for my SpaceHorrors series. I know I’m running out of time and the length of the blog entries I try not to exceed. I prefer to write about a page worth of writing when it comes to my blog entry. Sometimes it’s a little bit more or less, but a page is my goal every day I write a blog entry.

Today it looks like it’s going to be a little bit over a page. After all, I still haven’t written about what I have written today yet. It has been a very good day with my writing. I have remembered about half of the episodes for this series, and I am ready to start working on them. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to start that today because it’s almost time for me to go back to work. That means I will be returning to my second scriptwriting project, The Final Ritual for the next four days.




© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044035-Writing-The-Bible