*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044381-This-Instead-of-My-Latest-Short-Story
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1044381 added February 6, 2023 at 11:40pm
Restrictions: None
This Instead of My Latest Short Story
This Instead of My
Latest Short Story


Normally, I would have switched Folders and posted this blog entry in my “Other Than Scriptwriting” folder, but I decided not to do that today. Mostly because I haven’t started writing my Short Story for WDC this month, but it’s also because I still have some catching up to do on my second scriptwriting project, The Final Ritual.

It has been a very typical Monday aka my first day off from work. My brother and I didn’t have a lot that needed to be done today, but what we did need to do took us most of the day to do it. As a result, I couldn’t get started on this latest Short Story until toward the end of today. On any other Monday, I would have done that. After all, a few hours of writing is better than none at all. Unfortunately, I couldn’t do that today.

I thought that I would have some time to work on catching up on the Scene Outline for my second scriptwriting project before I went to sleep last night, but I couldn’t do it. Was still very sleepy from only getting about six hours on Saturday. Even after getting around six hours yesterday, I was still sleepy. I had no choice but to try to catch up on my sleeping first.

So, I waited until today to catch up on my Scene Outline for this project. True, I could have waited until tomorrow or Wednesday to do it. I also could have waited until Thursday or Friday, but I didn’t want to do that for a couple of reasons. One reason is I don’t want to wait so long to catch up on it. The sooner I transcribe it from handwriting to laptop the better.

The second reason is that I wanted to know if my handwriting lines matched up with my laptop lines, and it’s a good thing I did that because I found out I’m about a line behind when it comes to my handwriting. Instead of forty characters per line, it looks like it’s going to be forty-five characters.

I have had to do a lot of re-writing with these handwritten paragraphs. Sometimes it has only been a word or two that needed to be re-positioned or deleted, and sometimes it has been whole sentences. Out of the twenty-six paragraphs I have already transcribed, I must have re-written at least three-fourths of them. if not a little bit more than that.

With only seven more paragraphs to transcribe, I should be able to do them tomorrow, and still have time to start working on my WDC Short Story for this month. especially, if my brother and I have nothing that needs to be done tomorrow. As far as I know, we don’t have anything that needs doing, but I could be wrong about that. It wouldn’t be the first time that has happened, and unfortunately, I’m sure it wouldn’t be the last time either.







© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044381-This-Instead-of-My-Latest-Short-Story