*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044534-A-Wasted-Overnighter
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1044534 added February 9, 2023 at 11:35pm
Restrictions: None
A Wasted Overnighter
A Wasted Overnighter


Don’t get me wrong. The above blog title may read like I didn’t get any writing done earlier this morning, but unfortunately, it’s just the opposite of that. I did get quite a bit of writing done earlier today at work, but it was for nothing. What do I mean by that? It’s hard to explain, but I’m going to try to do it, though.

Overall, I got a total of twenty-two single paragraphs written earlier today at work. I only needed twenty to end Act four of my second scriptwriting project, The Final Ritual, and I did that. Also did the two Establishing Shots for Tag Act One for a total of twenty-two single paragraphs. Normally, that would be a very, very good amount of writing. Especially, for a weekday.

It is very, very good for a weekday. Unfortunately, I need to do them all over again. Why do I need to do that? It’s because I got the measurements wrong again. I thought that I would be writing about forty-five characters per line, but it turns out I was right the first time with around forty.

When I got home this morning from work I started transcribing my handwritten single paragraphs to my laptop Scene Outline, but I had a lot of trouble doing that. The number of lines per scene number was too short. I had to add to them in some way. That was very hard to do without re-writing them completely or almost completely. Unfortunately, I had to do that with almost every one of them.

A few were more than the number of lines, but that’s usually okay. It’s easier to remove a word or two to get the number of lines correct than it is to try to add words, sentences, or complete paragraphs. I also had to adjust for the end of my lines too because they were smaller than fifty-five characters long. Don’t like them less than fifty-five characters long. So, sometimes I have to adjust for that too, but that usually isn’t too hard to do. Especially, if I only need to remove a word or two because of the number of lines in that scene.

No matter how I try to explain it, I’m going to have to re-write everything I did earlier today at work. Probably not the two Establishing Shots. I will just copy them from the ones I did today, but the rest will need to be rewritten. That might be an advantage, though. After all, I will have the ones written earlier today to fall back on. I might even get a few more than twenty-two wrote tomorrow morning.

Then again, I may be lucky if I get the original twenty-two written. It all depends on what happens at work tomorrow morning. If it’s a normal Friday, I should be able to get these twenty-two written. Maybe even a few more. On the other hand, if it’s not a typical Friday, I may not get as much writing as I want to do tomorrow. Unfortunately, that’s a very good possibility. After all, they are starting construction where I’m posted there. So, it may be hard for me to write there right now.





© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044534-A-Wasted-Overnighter