*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044583-Not-Starting-Over-for-a-Third-Time
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1044583 added February 10, 2023 at 11:22pm
Restrictions: None
Not Starting Over for a Third Time
Not Starting Over for a Third Time


I don’t know what is going on with my handwriting. Thought that it was forty characters per handwritten line. Then I thought it was forty-five. That seemed a little bit too long. So, I went back to forty. Now it looks like I was right about forty-five again. Forty did add some words to my paragraphs, but it added too many words.

If I just needed to remove some words or switch them around a little bit, that would have been okay. It did work like that with most of the single paragraphs I got written earlier today at work, but there was a lot that didn’t work that way. I had to do a lot of re-writing earlier today, and a whole lot of it was more than just a few words that needed to be removed.

It wasn’t just the number of words, though. I also had some problems with the last few single paragraphs. They didn’t come out as well as I would have liked them to come out. Not only with the number of words, but with how they were written. What do I mean by that? I don’t like to do back-to-back scenes. Even if the scene headings are different or slightly different, they are still next to each other. there is no time change. Unless I can write it in the second scene that there is.

Like my blog title reads, I’m not going to re-write these scene paragraphs again for the third time. I may end up going back to do them again once if finish this Scene Outline. Then again, I might not. Scene Outlines are very important when it comes to writing scripts or getting the attention of someone who wants you to write a script, but they aren’t set in stone. They can be changed and quite often are. Look at me and this project. How many times have I changed it already.

Overall, I did very well earlier today with my handwriting. I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to get the twenty-two single paragraphs re-written earlier today from yesterday. Not only did I get them rewritten, but I also got two more single paragraphs written. They didn’t turn out so good either. So, I’m going to start from the beginning with my Tag Act One.

I have handwritten the scene numbers for Tag Act One, Teaser Act Two, and the first five for Act Five. That’s a total of forty-five scene numbers I’m going to try to write tomorrow at work. That doesn’t include the four or six Establishing Shots connected to these scene numbers.

Will I get fifty-one single paragraphs written tomorrow at work? It doesn’t seem likely that I will, but based on what happened last weekend and what has happened so far this week it could happen. I don’t think that it will. At least not all fifty-one. Forty-four will probably be my maximum, and that’s if I’m lucky. it being a Saturday, it could be more than that. A lot more than that, or it could a lot less too. It can go both ways, and it often does.





© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044583-Not-Starting-Over-for-a-Third-Time