*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044689-48th-week-almost-the-end-of-179
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1044689 added February 19, 2023 at 9:31am
Restrictions: None
48th week, almost the end of 179.
19.กุมภาพันธ์.2566.

Had a coffee at The Cup Cafe. Nice place.

Khun Han is a 90 minute trip. We are staying at the Amonthep "resort". We're in cottage #9. Very nice.

Visited the market. Visited Wat Lan Khuat. Went to dinner with Ponnya's friend and she drove us to his
vacant house.

I took a lot of photos, one of which may be a 'winner'. Even rode on the back of a motor bike three times. First time in years (I do not remember the last time). However, it wasn't the best of days. I'm on the verge of calling it quits.

18.กุมภาพันธ์.2566.

To bed at 02:00. Up at 07:00. To the bus station by 8:30ish. Bus at 10:00 to Ubon... not SisaKet. Seat at the rear by the toilets. Warm and stinky. Khon Kaen, MahaSarakam, Roi Et, Yasathorn, Ubon Ratchathani... then van to SiSaKet. Arrived at 19:ish. T4 Hotel by bus station.

I wandered around for an hour. I noticed that it is much cleaner than Udon. And quiet. Could just be the part of town though. Also... saw 3 cafes that were open. Good first impression.

17.กุมภาพันธ์.2566.

To Merry: "Folks ask me how I'm doing. I'm used to living alone. I'm struggling. Not all pretty flowers here; there are thorns. Every thorn reminds me that I'm not dead yet."

Class. Teacher helped in unexpected ways. She knows a thing or two about mental health.

Coffee and soup with Paulo and Sam.

Ponnya slept all day. *Worry*

I did manage to make rice in the rice cooker.

16.กุมภาพันธ์.2566.

Wasted an hour trying to communicate with Ponnya... ask an either/or question and the answer is 'yes'.

"I will take care of you," he promises.

Anyhoo... it's an orange day and I'm frazzled.

Started packing.

On Newsfeed: "Life is difficult at the moment. I can't communicate well because my mind has lapses, I don't speak Thai, and Ponnya answers either/or questions with yes. We'll embark on a 4 day trip, one which I would normally look forward to if it weren't for an important appointment on the 22nd. We'll go to SiSaKet on the 18th and return on the 21st. It's 17:30 and I need to escape for an hour. When I come back I MUST study Thai for my class tomorrow. Not that any of this matters... but in the Land of Smiles (and no worries) I feel a tad stressed."

~35 cents for an egg in the USA ($4.25/12). 130 baht for 30 here. That's $3.79/30 or about 13 cents for each.

Escaped and bought a yellow rose, some food, took pictures of stuffed animals. I try.

I checked on buses at the bus terminal 1. Very hard to get info as schedules aren't obviously posted. 2. Yes, there are buses to Roi Et.

15.กุมภาพันธ์.2566.

Quiet day so far. Ponnya had drinks delivered from Amazon Cafe. He made plain white rice in our new cooker. I
reheated half of mine with pork broth, adding pork and eggs (and a touch of garlic).

Later: evening meal of grilled fish. Took a couple more photos. Bought donuts... and ate them all. It was a pleasant outing.

To Stik on Newsfeed "Note: I found the following on a place called FandomSecr..." by Elisa the Bunny Stik :

It's a bit harsh. We need all types of characters. Does anyone 'get' a character that is not at all like them? Is this person suggesting that we all right (an unintended 'typo' malaprop that seems to fit) the same stereotypical characters?

I can't fathom all the cultural differences here in Thailand, but I assure you that all Thais are human, act as such, and don't need my approval.

I watch enough reaction videos to notice when a reactor misses something or misinterprets a scene due to their personal or cultural bias.

Me? I don't always act in ways that others understand so that's created issues for me here (in real life... like yesterday...).


https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/4/27/1940694/-Let-s-Get-Our-Flags-Straight

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/voices-the-conservative-outrage-over-the...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Qzu6r40_4

The Negro National Anthem: "Lift Every Voice and Sing"
by James Weldon Johnson (June 17, 1871 - June 26, 1938)

Originally written by Johnson for a presentation in celebration of the birthday of Abraham Lincoln. This was
originally performed in Jacksonville, Florida, by children. The popular title for this work is: 'THE NEGRO NATIONAL ANTHEM'

14.กุมภาพันธ์.2566.

Today is a pink day in Thailand... it just so happens to fall on V-Day.

Wordsmitty ✍️ sent me a C-note. I responded:

Thank you. Drink them both! I don't drink... *Shock* ... well ... not since the last time
... and that was 1974. *Smile*


And except for a sip or two since then that's the truth!

I attended class today. I need to work on vocabulary. I need to continue working on sounds. I just need to keep on keeping on.

Ponnya had a better day than yesterday but he still isn't "here". I hope a doctor's visit next week will sort that out.

We will go out this evening.

It was a difficult evening; but, Ponnya bought me a shirt (good color orange/brown, short sleeve, double pocket). Nice gift. I bought a rice-cooker.


13.กุมภาพันธ์.2566.

As a comment elsewhere: "Failure is always an option; but, one learns from it and moves forward.

My decision to stay in Thailand isn't writ large in stone. If I fail? I've already learned a lot about this place and about myself.

My mind is being challenged by learning a new language and new culture. My experience is that I'll struggle until random words and patterns fall into place. When? Who knows!

My spatial acuity is very high so I remember places I've been and can draw maps of them years later. Where I put my glasses an hour ago? No clue."

We all have strengths and blind spots.

Wikipedia: "Jesus Calling has prompted objections from within the evangelical community. The book is written in the voice of Jesus Christ speaking directly to the reader and thereby claiming new revelation from God. The practice of automatic writing while receiving messages is central to the controversy. David Crump, professor of religion at Calvin College, told Christianity Today that Young "puts her thoughts into the first person and then presents that ‘person’ as the resurrected Lord" and said he is tempted to call this "blasphemy".

Publisher Thomas Nelson removed references to automatic writing from the book's introduction and claims the book contains Young's own thoughts and inspirations."
6742

© Copyright 2023 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044689-48th-week-almost-the-end-of-179