*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045619-Sprint-Song-Rated-E
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1045619 added February 27, 2023 at 11:54am
Restrictions: None
Sprint Song (Rated E)
Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar/Share the Love Event February Part 2

Merit Badge in The Blogging Banana Bar
[Click For More Info]

    Congratulations & Thank You   

  from       Andre      

For competing the full four weeks of the Non-Judgmental Blogging Event in January 2023. 

Please show your badge when entering the Banana Bar and join others in the  Banana Bloggers' Lounge .

 Your blogging is always welcome at  [Link To Item #1985857] .  Owl with signature


Personal prompt 1: Spring Events

The weather temperatures are bouncing up and down like a weightless rubber ball. Friday it snowed enough to cover the ground and build up an inch across the top. Then is rained ice. The ice covered the outside of the house windows. Before dusk everything had melted. We could see green grass and dead leaves. All these up and down temperatures in one day. We are experiencing winds of 16 and above on a regular basis. The last few days we have had low temperatures at night and climbing temperatures during the day.

The first day of March will arrive this week. Which means, the weather isn't all that unusual. Snow geese are moving out of Pennsylvania headed North to their nesting grounds.

One morning I was outside early this week and heard a flock of Canada Geese on the beaver dam outback. Then a Canada Drake flew over the pond checking out the territory. It's nice to hear them setting up on the Beaver Dam for summer.

One particular night last week when the temperatures were really high, 50 degrees or so, I heard peepers on the pond singing their spring song. Peepers are small frogs. The males sing together in a chorus to attract the females. It's a sure sign that spring is on its way. When the weather turns cold for a few days they are quiet. As soon as Temperatures start to rise, they take up their song again.

Although people often speak of the return of robins as the herald of spring bird migration. We get red-winged black birds before robins. There was a small flock, maybe 30 at the feeder yesterday.

Soon we will be seeing Eastern Bluebirds and Robins. Many doves stay all winter and start nesting in late February and early March. I'm watching the buds on the trees. When they start to grow, I will know the weather will stabilize. These are the ways spring makes itself known to us.

All Words count on WDC: 347

Merit Badge in Fancy
[Click For More Info]

To a very deserving,fancy member of the WDC community.













apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045619-Sprint-Song-Rated-E