*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047118-Thats-Almost-Half
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1047118 added March 28, 2023 at 11:48pm
Restrictions: None
That's Almost Half
That’s Almost Half


I was wrong again. Only this time it’s not a completely bad kind of wrong. It’s also not a good kind either. What am I trying to write? I’m trying to write about why I haven’t had too much time today to work on transcribing my handwritten second Short Story for this month to my laptop.

It hasn’t been a typical second day off from work aka a Tuesday. I was wrong about my brother, and I did not need to do anything today. We did have a lot to do today, and it did take us most of today to do them, but it wasn’t typical because of how we had to do them, though.

Most of what my brother and I need to do is outside of our house. Paying bills, getting groceries, etc. That isn’t true today. We did have a whole lot to do, but it was done within our house. If it would have been inside, then I probably wouldn’t have gotten as much transcribing done as I wanted to do.

Sometimes we can get some things done within the house, but usually not all of it. It wasn’t quite all of it today, but it was a very close second to it. We did have some grocery shopping to do, but other than that what we needed to do was inside our house. That’s why I didn’t get more transcribing done today.

Don’t get me wrong. I did get almost half of my second Short Story for this month transcribed today, but I was hoping that I would have gotten a lot more than that. Unfortunately, that means I have a very big decision to make. Whether I finish transcribing it tonight or take the chance I won’t get it done tomorrow.

If I choose the latter, I take the chance I won’t be able to get it finished by the end of the month. It also means that I waited part of last week on this Short Story. After all, I spent about a day or two handwriting it this week at work. The time I should have been spending on my Water Wars scriptwriting project.

I don’t know what to do. On one hand, I want to get this finished tonight before I go to sleep so that I don’t take the chance of my not finishing it by the end of this month that’s coming up in only a few days from now, and on the other hand, I would like to get some rest because I go back to work tomorrow at midnight.

As I just wrote, I’m returning to work starting tomorrow night at midnight. That means I really need all the sleep I can get tonight. I can’t do that if I’m spending almost the whole night getting it done. That’s what happened the last time, and I don’t want it to happen again.

At least I think that’s what happened last month, or was it the month before that? I don’t remember. Think it was last month, but it could have been a month or two before that. It could have been two months ago because that was January, and I didn’t enter the WDC Dear Me contest that month.

So, it can’t be two months, and I’m sure it wasn’t three months or more. I think I would have remembered that. That means it had to be last month. Been thinking about it while writing this blog entry, and I still haven’t decided whether to finish this transcription tonight or take the chance tomorrow.










© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047118-Thats-Almost-Half