*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047474-Whats-the-answer-274-words-Rated-E
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1047474 added April 4, 2023 at 10:56am
Restrictions: None
What’s the answer? 274 words. Rated E
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1985857 by Not Available.

P22. Are guns the problem? What really is the problem? What is practical that might alleviate the problem?

I suppose this topic sort or runs into another prompt. I may be putting my big feet where angels fear to tread. (P11. Are you willing to write in your WDC blog about a very controversial issue and state your views (why or why not)?)

My opinion is yes, guns are the problem.
As someone who lives a very long way from America, I suppose I see the problem of gun violence as abhorrent and unnecessary.
In Australia some years ago we had a massacre. Over thirty innocent people were shot. Some simply on vacation having a meal at Port Arthur, Tasmania, in a cafe. Some locals, including children just walking home with their mother and the gunman’s own mother was also killed.
The outcry was so strong, the prime minister of the time had a massive gun buy back of illegal guns and an amnesty. Thousands of weapons were taken offf the street, out of homes and out of the country.
Of course, some people protested, there was an outcry from the civil liberty people, but it still went ahead.
There hasn’t been a shooting like that since in Australia. The man responsible for the shooting is in prison and unlikely to see freedom again.
It is the fact, loaded guns lying around in homes for children to get their hands on and accidentally shoot another child happens. Not the child’s fault. Domestic arguments turn into murder because of the access to a firearm when tempers are heated. It wouldn’t, couldn’t, happen if there was no gun to hand. People who love each other are killing each other in the heat of the moment. Everyone loses.
Get rid of guns and children can go to school knowing they will go home at the end of the day.

© Copyright 2023 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047474-Whats-the-answer-274-words-Rated-E