*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047871-Its-impossible-262-words-Rated-E
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1047871 added April 9, 2023 at 11:29am
Restrictions: None
It’s impossible. 262 words. Rated E
P5. Weather Disasters and what can be done to protect people and property from Mother Nature before they happen?
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1985857 by Not Available.


This is one thing that human beings have no control over. Mother Nature will win, every time. As a breed, human beings feel superior to every other living creature. We even think we can beat things we can’t even see, such as viruses. Maybe we can, maybe science will keep one step ahead of all the microbes which would like to wipe us off the face of the planet. But we still can do nothing about the weather. We can’t stop the earth reaching temperatures not conducive for human habitat. We think we will beat global warming, but can we, actually?
We’ll try, you’ve got admire the resilience of mankind. But will we win, that is the question?
In Eastern Australia we had floods on such a scale never before seen. People drowned. They were stuck in their attics where they’d climbed to try to flee the rising waters. They died there as they tried to escape onto steel roofs, but were unable to access the outside. Drowned like rats in a bucket.
The UK had the hottest summer days on record. Imagine temperatures of 40 plus cent in England!
So to answer the question of how to protect people before these phenomena happen. We can’t. It’s as simple as that. Even if we could warn people about expected extreme heat, or cold, or floods, cyclonic winds, hurricanes and biblical amounts of rain, it would make no difference. We should have listened to the scientists of fifty or sixty years ago when they were forecasting climate change. But we’ve left it too late.

© Copyright 2023 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047871-Its-impossible-262-words-Rated-E