*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047997-Will-you-be-my-pet--Words-380-Rated-E
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1047997 added April 11, 2023 at 12:53am
Restrictions: None
Will you be my pet? Words 380. Rated E
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1985857 by Not Available.
P8. Animals you shouldn't have as pets

I like to imagine my dog enjoys being with us as much as we enjoy having her live with us.
I’d hate to feel I was keeping anything as a pet which given the chance would run away.
Dogs hardly ever run away, no matter how ill treated they remain loyal to their human.
I can’t really say that any other animal does that. We’ve had a cat and she was so aloof, preferring to sit on the kitchen window outside and observe us from behind glass. Maybe she thought we were her pets as we were the ones trapped inside.
When I was a child we had a cat that refused to move with the family when we sold the house. Twice she returned to our previous home, twice we fetched her back but after the third time we guessed it was the house and garden she felt an affinity with, not us who had looked after her for six years.
Anything other than cats and dogs have to kept in a cage. I hate to see birds trapped in cages, they should be free to fly, live in trees and search for their own food.
My granddaughter had a snake called Sahara. She had to be kept in a special cage with heating. She would eat a frozen (thawed) rat occasionally, other than that interaction she did nothing but sleep mostly. This same granddaughter also had a rat for a pet. Now that’s one animal no one should have as a pet in my opinion.
We’ve tried most things that children like, for a while anyway until they lose interest. Crazy crabs. One really hot day my eight year old boy was lying naked on his bed letting the crab crawl around, he soon found out that crazy crabs nip, very hard too, as it clung to the poor kids scrotum!
Guinea pigs are sort of cute but their cage needs to be cleaned daily to stop the smell and let’s face it no child will take on that job for very long.
Rabbits need to be kept apart from each other or before you know it you will have dozens of them. Then of course there’s the old goldfish. Swimming around in its bowl. Not the best or most interesting pet.
The ownership of exotic animals, such as tigers, lions, bears, or monkeys should be banned in my opinion.

© Copyright 2023 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047997-Will-you-be-my-pet--Words-380-Rated-E