*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048748-First-draft-of-chapter-2-is-up-just-like-my-anxiety
by cenvil
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #2294440
A place to write down my thoughts and experience while learning about life and writing.
#1048748 added April 25, 2023 at 7:12am
Restrictions: None
First draft of chapter 2 is up just like my anxiety.
Hey there,
Been a 2 days since chapter 1 of Celestial Downfall went up.

You can read it here:
"Invalid Entry

I am pretty happy with how it turned out and pretty excited and nervous to start on chapter 2.
It is here, that I have to make a decision about how the story really is going to start.
It's also the first time I will be diving into the lore of the world.

As I spoke about my shyness and anxiety before, you can imagine that what I wrote so far might seem like nothing compared to what is ahead of me.
I love world building. Especially the very deep ones where you see artists create full developed worlds with different races, cultures, languages, conflicts and environments.
The world, I believe, is often a character on its own and any good fantasy story must have a damn good main story for the world itself to be not so important.
The thing is, I have a good idea of where certain things I have in my mind are going to happen, How they will turn out and where people will be (give or take). But now that it comes it, I feel nervous about those ideas.

"What if my ideas are stupid? What if everything I came up with makes no sense at all."
"Will people still take me seriously here or will I never see any replies on my messages?"
"What about friends or family reading it.... will they start laughing?"

While writing this I realize the ridiculousness of those thoughts. To be perfectly honest, deep down I already knew that.
But for some reason I always feel like there is another me in my head taking the steering wheel whenever things get out of that comfi zone.
If you have seen the movie Inside out, you probably know what I am getting at.

Of course I do not intend to stop writing.
This is a project that for some reason became something I feel, could possibly make me grow on a personal level and help me in the future. Be more open to new things. Talk with random people more easily. Maybe I could even meet that one person to be with the rest of your life and DARE to talk to her.
So no matter what, I need to keep adding to the story.
Learn from people (even though I am still too nervous to ask for reviews for a story that has hardly started) and implementing the things I learn here on WDC or other places.

But for now it would be awesome if someone would read the first draft of chapter 2 and let me know what you think of it.
Doesn't have to be a review. Just your thoughts of where things go, how the world is build, the characters and how they behave.
As I said, it is still a draft and I will probably be expanding the things that happen and bring the world to life even more.

You can find the full book here:
 Celestial Retribution  (13+)
" 'Revenge is never the answer', But what if you don't have any other choice
#2294326 by cenvil

And read the chapter 2 draft here:
"Invalid Entry

Looking forward to your responses.

Have a great day and see you on the next entry

© Copyright 2023 cenvil (UN: cenvil at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
cenvil has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048748-First-draft-of-chapter-2-is-up-just-like-my-anxiety