*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048650-Chapter-1-Celestial-Downfall---now-available
by cenvil
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #2294440
A place to write down my thoughts and experience while learning about life and writing.
#1048650 added April 23, 2023 at 11:21am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 1 Celestial Downfall - now available
Hello guys,
I wanted to let you all know I just added Chapter 1 as it should have been added.
It was already up for about halfway but it wasn't finished and had to do a lot of thinking about where I wanted to take the first part of the story.

 Celestial Retribution  (13+)
" 'Revenge is never the answer', But what if you don't have any other choice
#2294326 by cenvil


The prologue was easier to write then this one.
Or at least that's how it felt. I also tried to set up a less "cliché" sounding way to finish the chapter.
At least I think I didn't take the easy way out.

The first chapter didn't change much from the first part I already uploaded, just added sub-chapters and brought it to an end.
I added a little epilogue for the chapter but don't know if I should keep it in.
Should I let the readers imagination do the work or does it add the the weight of the moment? If you have an opinion on it, let me know.

Also, I got some mentions about the different writing voices.
I dove into it a little and it isn't really clear to me yet how I should interpret it. I did read that it is something you develop over time when writing and that sometimes the story can do the heavy lifting and you don't really need a certain voice at all.
So I will just keep writing and hearing your feedback. With that I will see what I can do and edit the chapters as I learn more.

For now, I hope you enjoy the first chapter and are looking forward to the next one.
I haven't started on it just yet but I already have been thinking about it.
It will also be the first time in this story I will really need to think about locations and the world in general. But I won't spoil to much.

-------------------------------------

The story so far has brought me some great responses and some amazing help by the community here.
Its weird how just a few people liking, or at the very least seeing the potential in the story, can change how openly I speak about it to others.
I'm still nervous when talking to friends about it, even though I also know they would be happy I'm doing stuff I like.
Just a bit anxious I guess.

I appreciate the amazing feedback and I'm learning more and more.
Even getting motivated to add more to my story.

The coming week I will be working on the second chapter and hope that I will be able to have something for you by the end.

PS.
I am still figuring out the site an its services.
I know I can request reviews but for some reason something is holding me back.
My first guess would be that I feel like if I would request a review form someone, I would be judged as writer, which I am not.
At least not professionally might never be. But I do like to write this story down and ...... well I'm more ore less just rambling on now.
But I guess most people will understand where I am coming from here.
I won't be the first and won't be the last with these weird thoughts XD

Anyways.
I'll just stop here right now and let you read my new chapter.
Enjoy and I'll see you again later.

© Copyright 2023 cenvil (UN: cenvil at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
cenvil has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1048650-Chapter-1-Celestial-Downfall---now-available