*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049401-Frankfort-Little-Rock-and-Gretna-New-Orleans-area
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1049401 added May 9, 2023 at 7:21pm
Restrictions: None
Frankfort, Little Rock, and Gretna (New Orleans area)
Locale: Frankfort, Ky, Little Rock Arkansas, and Gretna Louisiana

Week of: 4/24 & 5/1/2023

         Wow, I missed posting about mt last week in Frankfort?  I guess this post will cover the last two weeks.

         The week of 4/24 was a busy week for me.  I was in Frankfort once again for the third and final time.  I've been with the Kentucky Emergency Management team all three weeks, but the group is really a small one made up of the Kentucky National Guard.  All three classes went well, the Chief of the National Guard retired on Friday, so we finished class on Thursday to accommodate their schedule.  This worked well because I was able to get home Thursday afternoon and pick up Mama and our young Akita so we could get to Jackson Tennessee for a 'Fast Cat' run.  Fast Cat is where your dog runs 100 yards and is timed.  Points are earned for each run, the dog earns a ribbon at prescribed point values.  Our young Akita Buddy has earned one ribbon, and is about half way to the next one.

         The week of May 1st I was in two locations delivering a one day class.  It's a new class, and there wasn't that much new to it really.  The materials were edited to allow the topic to be delivered in one day.  Still, it would have been nice to receive the files earlier than 4 am on Monday 5/1.  There was no way I could review the stuff, so I delivered that class 'Cold Turkey'.  The only problem I had was scheduling my time so the class didn't seem 'Out of Kilter' to the students.  It wasn't bad, but it could have been better.

         I delivered that one-day class in Little Rock Monday, and never got to meet LegendaryMask❤️ .  I know she's having some issues right now, so maybe it was for the best.  Still, after all this time, it would have been nice to meet her finally.  Tuesday I drove from Little Rock to New Orleans.  Well, actually Gretna, very close where I was in 2005 the week after Hurricane Katrina.  That class (the same as the one I delivered on Monday) went a lot smoother, mainly because I knew the flow now, knew what to do when if you will.  Thursday I drove from the New Orleans area to our home in Bloomington Illinois.  We left about 8 am, and arrived home at 11 pm.  It was a very tiring day, but I had Friday to get a little R&R before this week's class.  Right now I am in New York City (Queens) delivering a class, and will be back here in a month.  Like I said in a Newsfeed post though, life is good.


In Closing


         I will fly to Brooklyn Monday for a 2-day class, then have a week and a half off before meeting with co-workers the week of Memorial Day.  Until next time, be good to those you love, spoil them, and write!



Jim Dorrell





Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2023 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049401-Frankfort-Little-Rock-and-Gretna-New-Orleans-area