*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049569-This-Will-Probably-Never-Happen-Again
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1049569 added May 13, 2023 at 11:23pm
Restrictions: None
This Will Probably Never Happen Again
This Will Probably
Never Happen Again


For once, the above Blog Title is something bad. In fact, it’s just the opposite. I think I broke another record earlier today at work, but it came at a price. What does that mean? It means that I got forty-five single paragraphs total written earlier today that not only ended Part One of the Movie Introduction for my Water Wars scriptwriting project but I barely got started with Part Two of this project.

Thirty-nine single paragraphs were numeric, and six were Establishing Shots. Thirty-eight of the thirty-nine were associated with Part One, and one was starting Part Two. As for the six Establish Shots, four were in Part One, and two were in Part Two so far. Now for the big question. Why do I consider this accomplishment at a price? It was because of how I got so much written yesterday at work.

There wasn’t a big problem at work when I got there, but there was one, and it took over seven hours of my shift before it was fixed. As a result, I had to devote the first seven hours of my shift to my writing. Some may say that’s a good thing, and it is, but it’s also a bad thing too. At least I think that it is. Sure, I had all that time to write, but I had time to think about what was going on at work too.

I don’t think that it affected my writing, but thinking about going on may have slowed me down a little bit. If it did, it wasn’t by much. After all, I got about thirty of the forty-five in those first seven hours. Once I finished what I had to do at work, when I could do it, I had about three hours left to write the other fifteen. That means I did about five single paragraphs per hour. That’s very good. At least I think that it is.

It wasn’t just how much time I had that contributed to how much writing I accomplished earlier today. a lot of my success was that I was working on Act Four and the Tag Act of Part One. Those two Acts usually go fairly quickly because they are at the end of an episode. Acts Two and Four are my Action oriented Acts because they end the first half of the episode and the last main Act of an Episode. The Tag Act ends an episode.

The Tag Act doesn’t just end an episode, though. It’s also tied up loose ends with the rest of the episode. Especially, Act Four. This one was a little bit different than most ending episodes. My episodes may end with a twist, a shocker, or leave everyone wondering, but the episode does it. No continuation into the next episode. Except for this one. After all, this is a two-part episode for my Movie Introduction to this television series.

What does that mean? It means that Part One does end with a cliffhanger. A very, very big one. What a cliffhanger is supposed to be. Which is a life-or-death moment. This one definitely qualifies for that. I like to have twists, surprises, shocks, etc. at the ends of my stories, but this one much be the biggest one of all so far. At least I think that it is. Can’t remember any other story ending like this.






© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049569-This-Will-Probably-Never-Happen-Again