*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049705-A-changing-perspective-and-a-lightbulb
by cenvil
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #2294440
A place to write down my thoughts and experience while learning about life and writing.
#1049705 added May 17, 2023 at 9:31am
Restrictions: None
A changing perspective and a lightbulb
So, It is time for an update that is overdue.

I have been working on ideas for the fictional world my story would take place in.
I have been thinking about the characters and their backstories, their motivations, personalities.
I have been building the world and things that are in it. Cities, Towns, Locations that have or had a historical impact on the world
And last but not least, I have been trying to figure out a better and more logical scenario for WHY the story happens in the first place.

The prologue and chapter 1 draft that is up at the moment is all based on a write as I go kinda mindset.
Having an idea, I just set out to write it and see where it would get me.

Now that I have written down a lot of stuff, thought a lot through, I keep trying to figure out a logical way why the world(s) are how they are.
The reason why things are set in motion. The reason why the MC is the MC and not be falling back to the overly used "he is special" kind of MC.

Even when for years I have just been imagining stories when in the shower or before I went to bed, laying there starting at my ceiling, I always got stuck on the logic parts of it.

"Would a main character really just be special?
No, that won't do. The MC should have something out of his control."

This mainly got me to the obvious conclusions of "The MC is bestowed some power by a god and he becomes the chosen one in a new world"
Well..., isn't that way to easy?
Sure enough many fantasy tv shows/cartoons and manga/anime can get away with it, but not me.
I want something reasonable. Something people would understand. Something that can be explained no matter how complicated it might be.

So with all that in mind, I finally think I connected the dots for my story.
That will mean I will probably be rewriting the prologue as well but I think it will be better for it.
And don't think I will be just using some "god" that is all powerful to be the start of anything.
No, I will be going back further to even the reason there are "gods" in the first place. The reason humanity is where it is. What came before.
Cause it will all be directly influencing what is happening in the MC's story.

I also did some research in my spare time on writing tips&tricks and "rules".
And hope it will make for an interesting story to come.


So that's what has been happening for the story.
I will come back here and write more about something that happened in my life recently that may or may not be of influence to my music career in the nearby future.


Cheers all and see you in the next entry.

© Copyright 2023 cenvil (UN: cenvil at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
cenvil has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049705-A-changing-perspective-and-a-lightbulb