*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049820-Twenty-in-About-Four-and-a-Half-Hours
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1049820 added May 18, 2023 at 11:27pm
Restrictions: None
Twenty in About Four and a Half Hours
Twenty in About
Four and a Half Hours


When I went to work earlier today, I knew I had some updating. Not only with my timelines for Part One of my Movie Introduction for my Water Wars scriptwriting project and the Teaser Act and Act One of Part Two of this project, but I also had at least two Establishing Shots to update. That wouldn’t be so hard with my laptop, but I can’t take that to work anymore.

Updating with handwriting means a lot of backtracking between old scene numbers with new page numbers. It’s not easy to do, but sometimes that’s what I need to do. This was one of those times. At least it was with my two Establishing Shots. I thought I would need to update the corresponding scene number too, and I did with one of the other scene numbers associated with this Establishing Shot, but it wasn’t that big of a deal.

The updating of the timelines didn’t take as long as I thought it was going to take, but it still took me about an hour and a half to finish the timelines and the Establishing Shots. That’s why I only had about four and a half hours to write the other eighteen single paragraphs for twenty, including the two Establishing Shots from the updating.

Out of those eighteen single paragraphs, two of them were the starting Establishing Shots for Act Two. That means I did sixteen numeric scene single paragraphs earlier today at work. Even if I break it down to about six hours that I usually have to do my writing on a Thursday morning, that’s about three to four single paragraphs per hour. That’s not too bad. After all, today was a weekday, and I was at work.

If I didn’t have the timeline and Establishing Shots update to deal with earlier today, I may have gotten one or two more single paragraphs written today. Maybe three more considering one of those two would be another Establishing Shot. So, it wasn’t too bad that I only got twenty single paragraphs written for these Scene Outlines. Especially, since it happened at work.

I also wasn’t feeling very well earlier today at work. Often don’t on a Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Don’t know why, but it’s been like that for about a month now. Last week wasn’t too bad, but the two weeks before that it was very bad. It looks like this week may be closer to the previous two weeks. If it doesn’t turn out to be even worse than that. I don’t know if that is going to happen yet, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it did.

How I felt wasn’t the only possible reason I didn’t get more writing done earlier today at work. It’s a couple of problems that came up at work, that slowed me down a little bit. It wasn’t that much of a problem. At least I didn’t think that it was, but maybe it was bigger ones than I thought. I may never know the answer to those questions.

Tomorrow, I don’t know how many single paragraphs I’m going to get written today. If it’s anything like today or the past three Fridays, I should be able to get about twenty to twenty-five single paragraphs written tomorrow morning. I’m feeling fairly well right now. So, I may be able to get that many written. I may even be able to get one or two more written. Only time will tell how many single paragraphs I will get written tomorrow morning.



© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049820-Twenty-in-About-Four-and-a-Half-Hours