*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049905-Missed-By-Two
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1049905 added May 20, 2023 at 11:39pm
Restrictions: None
Missed By Two
Missed By Two


Yesterday, on Friday, I was eight under from finishing Act Two of Part Two of my Water Wars scriptwriting project. Earlier today, I was only two single paragraphs away from finishing Act Three. What does that mean for my writing? It means that I got eight single numeric paragraphs written to finish Act Two, and thirty-three for Act Three. With three Establishing Shots in Act Three that equals forty-four single paragraphs written earlier today.

That’s very good. At least it is for me. True, it was a Saturday. So, writing forty-four single paragraphs isn’t that much of a stress. I have done slightly better than that recently. Only it wasn’t a normal Saturday. There wasn’t a lot of drama earlier today at work, but there was some. As a result, I was slowed down in my writing. If not for the drama, I would have easily gotten not only the two more to finish Act Three but a few for Act Four.

It may have only been the two Establishing Shots that start Act Four, but it could have been one or two numeric single paragraphs too. Unfortunately, I will never know if that is true because of the drama at work earlier today. I knew about some of the drama for today already, but when my Site Supervisor came in early this morning, he informed me of more drama to come. That didn’t affect my writing that much, but it did slow me down some.

As a result, I missed ending Act Three of this Scene Outline by two single paragraphs. What does that mean for tomorrow? It means I should be able to finish Act Four of this Movie Introduction tomorrow. At least I should be able to finish it tomorrow at work. As far as I know, there isn’t anything planned for tomorrow at work. If that’s true, I should have too much trouble getting Act Four written tomorrow. Then again, I still might.

It isn’t just something happening at work that may slow me down or even stop me from getting to the end of Act Four. Maybe even starting the Teaser Act for Part Two of this project. It’s me. Right now, I’m feeling fairly well. That may not last. If yesterday is any indication, I may have some problems getting Act Four finished tomorrow. Of course, it is Act Four. So, I may be able to get it done no matter how I’m feeling tomorrow.

Act Twos and Act Fours usually can be written fairly quickly. Why is that? It’s because Act Two indicates the middle of the episode, and Act Fours are for almost the end of the episode. Act Two and Four are more Action Oriented than Act One and Three. There is some action in Acts One and Four, but it’s not as dramatic and often life-threatening as in Act Two or Act Four. The Tag Act is similar to Act Four because it ends the episode.

If I can get the two numeric single paragraphs to end Act Three, and the thirty-five numeric paragraphs to begin and end Act Four. Put them together with the two Establishing Shots that start Act Four and that equals thirty-nine. I’m averaging in the middle forties on the weekend. If that stays the same, I should be getting a little bit more than a couple of Establishing Shots written for the Tag Act.






© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049905-Missed-By-Two