*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050330-The-world-is-taking-shape--some-appreciation
by cenvil
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #2294440
A place to write down my thoughts and experience while learning about life and writing.
#1050330 added May 31, 2023 at 11:05am
Restrictions: None
The world is taking shape & some appreciation

Hey all,
The past week I have been working hard on the story and its content.
Some of you might have read my questions I posted on the newsfeed and I had some really awesome comments.
So with the lack of updates on the story I'm really happy where I am now.

With the insight I got I can now comfortably say that I am really seeing the world of "Celestial Retribution taking shape.
With the use of ChatGPT and the world map generator that gave me a nice map of the world, I can see, in my mind, where certain events will take place.

I had a nice watch on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcKMbVXpRRA
Its called "On Worldbuilding: Place Names — countries, cities, places" and it helped prevent me from just using random names that sounded cool.

For instance with the use of chatGPT I asked it to "give me some names for coastal city that freezes over in the winter but can be warm in the winter"
It came up with 15 examples and after a few times generating 15 new ones I found my name.
Another example is a city that would be in a warmer region of the word where the, due to the seasons, the wind would often play into the harbor.
In my mind I thought this would cause more noticeable tides which ChatGPT used to come up with the name "Tidecrest city".

Im loving how I can use the power of AI for basic questions that prevent me of going to name generators that often just keep repeating names over and over.

During the last week I also learned about how to go about time lines in the story itself.
A few awesome people commented on my question and cleared up a lot of unknowns for me and changed the way how I think about referencing timelines and scales.

For my self I will keep a timeline, but that's more to stay consistent and make sure things happen chronologically, in logical order and spacing instead of at random times.

I'm currently working on the second chapter and trying to make it something of a flashback chapter with a small twist in why it is.
So be sure to keep an eye out for me posting an update about the chapter later.
I'm guessing the new chapter will be out this week. So stay tuned ^_^

I also just want to extend my gratitude to some members here.
- Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm
- s
- Scifiwizard Retired
- 227mastodons

You guys have been very welcoming here on WDC and have helped me overcome a lot of anxiety that I had not more then 1 month ago.
Partially because of you guys, and the friends and family, I have been opening up a lot and even get comments on how I have changed so much in the last few weeks.
its been a big change and even though I have yet to do 1 final hurdle (making video content with me in the spotlight) I have almost come to the place I wanted to be at the end of this year.
Its been amazing so I just wanted to tank you guys ^_^

For now I will get back to thinking about the story.

See ya in the next entry :)

Cheers


© Copyright 2023 cenvil (UN: cenvil at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
cenvil has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050330-The-world-is-taking-shape--some-appreciation