*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050976-Shapeshifting
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1050976 added June 12, 2023 at 11:23am
Restrictions: None
Shapeshifting
Prompt: Shapeshifting
If you had the power to shift into whatever creature you want --earthly or otherwise-- who or what would be your choice?


----------

The longing to experience the world in a different form sounds interesting to an oldie like me, since I've had it with the way we humans treat one another.

I guess I could transform into a majestic bird. soaring high above the clouds, stretching my winds wide as they would carry me through the open skies. Heaven forbid that I come face to face with a drone, or an airplane, or a UFO. Come to think of it, a UFO would be the most interesting as that might give me the chance to explore the vast expanse of the universe, unburdened by the weight of my old age.

If not a bird, then, maybe I'd be a graceful deer, agile and swift, roaming through the sun-dappled, thickly forested earth. The sights and scents of the natural world would come alive with the soft touch of grass beneath my hooves.

Then, there's the possibility of the sea, with me turning into a wise, old dolphin, exploring the depths of the oceans and ancient mysteries on the sea floor beneath the waves. I would probably communicate with other sea creatures through clicks and whistles, wondering where I could catch a glimpse of a mermaid.

Yet, all these possibilities--in air, water, or land--, remind me of my own human form, which has carried me through years of life and I am grateful for the lessons learned and the beauties experienced. Also, maybe unfortunately, that wisdom and grace they claim the elderly can hold has evaded me, despite my wrinkles and gray hair, but then, I try not to be an old hag flaunting any so-called wisdom, which supposedly arrived (or not) with age. *Wink* *Laugh*

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050976-Shapeshifting