*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051830-I-simply-fell-in-love-with
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1051830 added June 29, 2023 at 12:43pm
Restrictions: None
I simply fell in love with...
Prompt: I simply fell in love with...... like you would a person. Write about this in your Blog entry today.

===================================

I simply fell in love with Noche the day I saw her, but she wasn't mine at the time. That was 14 plus years ago. My son and his then-wife had adopted her when her mother, a feral cat, brought her to their door and literally and meowingly begged them to take her in, and they did. Go forward 12 years, and my son adopted another cat and a dog, which didn't sit well with Noche.

I have difficulty believing the rotten things Noche did in their house after the other pets showed up. She was creating such a chaos in their lives that they decided to take her to a no-kill shelter. When my son told me of their decision, two and a half years ago, I felt very badly for Noche as I had always loved her very much. That's when my son decided to bring Noche to me on a trial basis.

Trial? My foot! Noche is mine now. I am captivated by her and I love her. I've always loved her, her talkativeness, her jet-black velvety and smooth fur, her vibrant eyes, changing from green to yellow and vice-versa when they catch the light, her sleek body and graceful movements.

But that is not all. she is also very affectionate and gentle with me, purring softly sitting on her seat next to my computer and at nights sharing my bed as she snuggles to me.

Noche, however, is not a lap-cat. She doesn't sleep on my lap as my earlier cats had done. She likes to be next to me, sometimes putting her paws on me, especially when I'm feeling unwell. Then, her soothing presence brings a sense of calm and relaxation and makes me forget whatever is troubling me.

She is agile, yes, but not mischievous. Maybe because of her age, she engages in interactive play only (I think) to please me for a very short time. At other times, her toys are left on their own.

Despite the many superstitions surrounding black cats, Noche is loving, loyal, and a very talkative cat to whom I tell things and she meows back as if she understands every word, and just maybe, she does, too.

In short, Noche is positive energy to me, an exceptional being, and with a unique personality. I am so glad she is sharing her life with me with her purrs and meows. Who knows, maybe I'll learn the meow language and I will be meowing all over my blog, very soon.

 ~

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051830-I-simply-fell-in-love-with