*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052072-Hannassy-Update-
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2299061
A new attempt to create a blog.
#1052072 added July 3, 2023 at 10:16am
Restrictions: None
Hannassy Update πŸ•πŸ©
image of our new puppy

We've had our new girl since Saturday, and let me say, she's a real sweetheart but also a handful! She's SO energeticπŸ™„. I got woken up at six this morning when all 50 pounds of her tried to climb in the recliner with me.

I did some reading, which I SHOULD have done before we got her...but I learned that boxers originated in Germany and didn't get to the USA until after WW1. They were originally bred to control cattle at slaughter housesπŸ˜ͺ and have been used as police and military dogs. They are highly productive, intelligent and active. A bored boxer often becomes a destructive boxer. They also hate being alone, prefer being around their owners, and have a tendency to over heat and drop excessively.

Thankfully, Hannassy doesn't seem to drool that much. She does think she's a lap dog... And cuddles on my husband lap! She has a loud, intimidating bark. She scared us the first night we had her. About 4 am she barked and growled so fiercely, we were sure an ax murderer was trying to break in. Come to find out..she'd heard a cat meow!πŸ˜‚We never did calm down enough to go back to sleep. I never want on her bad side!

One big positive is Annie. The first time Hannassy saw Annie
poop on the floor...she gave Annie the most disgusted look I've ever seen from a dog. I don't know what communication went on but Sunday morning Annie wanted to go outside... Which is weird for her cos ever since we had her, she's been terrified to go outside. Not once have we ever seen her potty outside. BUT...she went Sunday outside.... And pooped!πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰We lavished her with praise and she did it again this morning. So....huge, huge progress there!!

The two dogs get along very well and play nice. I think they will bond and be close. One thing for sure, I need to come up with some games to engage Hannassy to keep her focused. Not much space in a one bedroom apartment... But I read boxers have been used as seeing eye dogs and they are working dogs...so...I need to teach her a few simple tasks to give her a job of sorts and I need some games that don't require space or running.
➑ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!➑ If I use your suggestion and its a hit, I'll give you 5 🎫🎫🎫🎫🎫tickets to any raffle of your choice😁




** Image ID #1665990 Unavailable **
signature i won from space blog

© Copyright 2023 Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love (UN: wordgeek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052072-Hannassy-Update-