*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052384-My-Favorite-thing
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2299061
A new attempt to create a blog.
#1052384 added July 9, 2023 at 4:20pm
Restrictions: None
💗My Favorite thing?💗


Sunny asks us to write about your favorite thing to do and explain why you like it so much.


There are a great many things I enjoy doing. Aside from reading or writing, I'd have to say my very favorite thing to do is cooking or baking. Growing up, I was always in the kitchen with my grandma. Her kitchen table had a tiny black and white tv and when I got home from school I'd sit there with cookies and milk and watch Scooby Do and Power Rangers while grandma cooked or made jelly or canned pickles, depending on the time of year. It was a cozy, safe place and I loved being there.

Later, I remember mom always sitting at the kitchen table drinking her coffee and either reading the newspaper or book. Our best conversations were at that table. She always had something that smelled yummy. Again it was a cozy, safe, happy place.

By the time I was four, grandma would stand me on a chair by the stove and let me help. My job was to pour, stir and tell her when stuff bubbled. Cooking made me feel grown up and gave me a purpose. Mom worked third shift much of my growing up years and mom HATED cooking.

We ate some horrible meals while I was learning the basics. Mom never complained (unlike my older brothers) and I got better. I learned quickly good food makes people happy. Good food makes the whole house warm and cozy. My family was a happier family when good stuff happened in the kitchen!

As I grew up, I discovered cooking and baking is great when your angry or frustrated. Its good for when you need to think things over. Its therapeutic. And, the end results make people happy. I love .making people happy. I discovered an angry, ye!long brother calms down when given a yummy to eat. Works on husbands as well. A ctying, upset friend....A chat at the kitchen table with a yummy makes it better. Somebody sick? Cook JP some soup!

I guess I've actually answered two of {ussr:sunnie}'s questions cos she also asks where is my favorite place to be and why? I suppose this answers that was well.

Whose hungry?😁








** Image ID #1665990 Unavailable **
signature i won from space blog

© Copyright 2023 Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love (UN: wordgeek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052384-My-Favorite-thing