*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052479-Pet-Cat--Colors
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1052479 added July 11, 2023 at 12:35pm
Restrictions: None
Pet Cat & Colors
Prompt: If you have a pet, describe a day in its life from its perspective. If you don't have a pet, choose anye animal and write about an imaginary day it its life.


------------

Hello, my name's Noche and I live with my best friend Joy. Joy became my best friend two years ago when my original owners for twelve years didn't want me anymore, although the problem wasn't my fault but their Chesapeake terrier--whatever--dog's; however, this is another past-history story.

Now, I have a much better life, and although I have become a scaredy cat, thanks to that dog, I am not as scared anymore. When Joy and I wake up in the morning, I first arch my back and extend my paws, then jump out of the bed and wait patiently for her to get ready.

When we both head toward the kitchen, I purr and meow because it's breakfast time. After enjoying my kibbles and lapping my water, I jump on my seat next to the computer and wait for Joy to eat her breakfast. My seat is a bit lower than hers and I enjoy it because I can watch the outside from it and also can get loved and petted as she works.

Some days the lure of adventure calls me and I go on the covered porch and watch the vibrant tapestry of fluttering birds, dancing squirrels through the screen and hear the ugly, unfortunate sound of a neighbor's dog yapping. Then I sit near the pool and watch my own image in the water. Sometimes, a chipmunk or a frog runs right outside the porch's doors and I ran with it alongside the screens.

Since it is hot weather now, Joy closes the doors to the inside of the house after airing it. I always go in running even before she calls me and jump on my seat to bask with contentment and I'm lulled into a peaceful slumber.

Then, if I am awake, when Joy walks around the house doing this and that, I walk with her meowing and giving her my approval. Sometimes, she talks on the phone while petting me and I love that. With her each gentle stroke, I know I am being loved and cherished. I also love my treats that I get a couple of times a day.

What I don't like is when someone comes to the door and we have a guest. Then I hide under an armchair in the living room. A cat can never be too careful, can she! Not after being chased around by a big terrible dog!

Joy never leaves me alone for very long. When she goes out and then comes back, I greet her with a meow and a soft purr. Then, throughout the day, Joy and I talk a lot. She tells me stuff in human language and I always meow back. That is, when I am not napping.

When nighttime comes, Joy and I go to the bedroom. As she sits up in bed and reads, I sit next to her and purr. Sometimes we watch something on her pad while we snuggle together. When sleepy time comes, Joy turns off the night and I nuzzle her for a little more petting, just before we both drift off into dreams filled with our endless adventures.


=================


Prompt: Colors
What is your favorite color? Why?
If the world could be only one color, what color would you choose? And would you want to live in a world of only one color?


-----

I can't say any one color is my favorite because my taste for color changes. When I was a teen, I liked the blues. Later on came my green era, followed by purple, followed by any other color and each one changed back and forth.

It is said that colors have the ability to evoke a wide range of emotional responses. Warm colors, such as red, orange, and yellow, are often associated with energy, excitement, and passion. They can stimulate the senses and increase heart rate, breathing rate, and appetite by creating a sense of urgency and they can grab attention with a feeling of warmth and liveliness.

On the other hand, cool colors, like blue, green, and purple, have a calming and soothing effect on the mind. They mean tranquility, relaxation, and stability. Cool colors can create a sense of serenity and peacefulness.

In answer to the question of wanting the world in only one color, a big no; I would hate to live in a world of one color. If such a world existed, what would the poor artists and painters feed on emotionally and otherwise!

Each color has its own psychological (or psycho *Wink* ) effect. To prove that point, this is what I found out about them on the internet.

Red: It is often associated with strong emotions like love, passion, and anger. Red can increase heart rate, raise blood pressure, and stimulate appetite. It is frequently used to draw attention and create a sense of urgency.

Orange: This color combines the energy of red and the cheerfulness of yellow. It is associated with enthusiasm, creativity, and warmth. Orange can evoke feelings of excitement and encourage social interaction.

Yellow: It is often associated with happiness, optimism, and intellect. Yellow can evoke a sense of joy and positivity. It is believed to stimulate mental activity and enhance focus.

Green: As the color of nature, green represents harmony, balance, and renewal. It has a calming effect on the mind and is often associated with relaxation and growth. Green is also linked to feelings of freshness and fertility.

Blue: Blue is known for its calming and tranquil qualities. It symbolizes serenity, trust, and stability. Blue can help reduce stress and anxiety, making it a popular choice for creating a peaceful atmosphere.

Purple: Historically associated with royalty and luxury, purple signifies creativity, spirituality, and wisdom. It has a mysterious and introspective quality. Lighter shades of purple can evoke a sense of romance and nostalgia.

Pink: Often associated with femininity, pink represents love, compassion, and nurturing. It has a soothing and calming effect, and is often used in environments to create a gentle and comforting atmosphere.


I also think or presume that cultural and personal experiences can influence our responses to colors. In addition, color preferences can vary among people, possibly due to personal associations and past experiences.

In general, though, I believe colors have a lot to do with our psychological well-being. I hope our surroundings and moods are enhanced by colors and we always stay under their positive influences.


.



© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052479-Pet-Cat--Colors