*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053084-Skipped-too-many-days
by Tim
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2299896
An attempt at creating a daily blog.
#1053084 added July 26, 2023 at 4:54pm
Restrictions: None
Skipped too many days!
I took a handful of days off and felt guilty the whole time.

Running out of my meds wasn't exactly fun, I was able to adapt but it always messes me up for days. My bronchitis was being a bear to deal with so I took off several days from riding the bicycle. Finally I was able to get out this morning again but I only went 5 miles. My lungs appear to have taken a beating so I did as much as I felt was doable and keeping my heart rate down within normal guidelines. Tomorrow is breakfast day so I'll have another day off. My hundred mile goal for the month isn't reachable at this point but I'm not going to get overly concerned. I'm at 65 miles for the month and I should be able to get near 80. After having not ridden for several years, I'm good with that amount.

It is hotter than heck today. My weather station was reporting 98 degrees and the heat index was around 105. I'm not sure how accurate it is but it seems to track with a few other sensors that I have. The air quality had gotten pretty good for a few days but then it got smokey again. With the bronchitis issue I wish the air was cleaner but, it will more than likely be weeks or longer before it cleans up again.

I'm writing this in the afternoon, normally I do it first thing but, today I had to take the younger collie in for grooming and her vet checkup. She's all pretty nowWith th and healthy as a horse. I did make an appointment for her older sister to cross over the rainbow bridge at the end of next week. My wife will be gone to Ireland so I'll take care of it while she is gone. The dog has some type of spinal issue and her back legs are extremely weak and the vet said there wasn't anything that could be done. I hate to put her down but her quality of life isn't what I would want to experience. She's not in pain but struggles to get out the door to do her business. She helped me through some rough times many years ago. For the first time, I'll have cremation done and I am looking for a nice urn to place her ashes and have a photo of her from when she was able to be up and running around. She is too heavy for me to lift so my son will come over to place her into the car. I'm hoping he will come in with me, she always favored him. I'm not sure why but she always got excited when he came home from being in the Army. I recently saw a nice article about how the animal goes into a strange place with strangers and the owners never wish to be in attendance...I won't do that to her. It won't be easy but it's the right thing to do.

I'm still scanning slides for my friend. I have 140 to go and he has an additional 80 that he'll bring to breakfast tomorrow. Then that project will be done with. Another friend had also asked about getting a bunch of negatives scanned in case she wanted to have some prints done. I'm not sure how interested she really is. I asked her to set up a time with the other friend and she could use his small scanner to take a look but it is very small so I wanted to have her scan them to a memory card, then we could plug it into the computer so she can see them in a larger view. So far she hasn't done anything so, I'm not expecting any action any time soon.

I think that is it for today. I started watching a series on Netflix and I feel it is has been very well written. There are a lot of small twists and turns that keep me intrigued. I'm paying attention in the even I ever want to craft something for a fiction possibility.

With that, I'm done!

Tim



© Copyright 2023 Tim (UN: tapiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053084-Skipped-too-many-days