*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052945-Love-Story-Continued-part-2
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2299061
A new attempt to create a blog.
#1052945 added July 22, 2023 at 11:00pm
Restrictions: None
💕Love Story Continued: part 2


After we got married we drove to the court house and filed the papers. Suddenly, I was a wife! I was tired and cranky after driving all night and by then it was going on noon. We went back to his bouse, which was suddenly my house. He made coffee while I showered and over coffee he came clean about a few things.

Today, our wedding day was also his second to last day being on parole. He said he'd wanted to marry me sooner but wanted to wait til he was off parole. (Now, wasn't that sweet?) He'd spent the last 19 years in prison and he'd been out about a month before we met on the phone. There were conditions for his parole. One was mandatory attendance at a local support group and the other was he was not allowed to drive. The night before, his sister was supposed to take him to his group meeting but she didn't. Rather than call his probation officer to explain he had no transportation to the meeting he had the brilliant idea to hot wire and steal his sister's car and drive himself to his meeting. 🚔Uhhuh. Guess who got stopped for no tail lights on the way home? He totally freaked out and SAS terrified he'd be going back to prison!

His solution? Get married to show he had a stable home and dependable transportation to future meetings😲Seriously, you cat make this level of crazy up! My second day of marriage I was in front of a judge verifying that yes, we are married, yes, we will pay the tickets, yes I will get him to future meetings and yes, ill insure he doesn't steal or drive anymore cars!

With a start like that, isn't it a miracle we lasted ten years and counting? The first year was quite an adventure just actually getting to know each other. He went to prison when he was 22. 19 years. He had no clue how to pay bills, balance a budget, shop anything. He had dropped out of school in the 8th grade, could barely read or write (which is why he always called instead of texting). He got a job doing dah labor stuff then someone offered him a full time job as a brick layer and he did that for several years.

It was interesting living with him as he adjusted to the free world. Oh, he had quite a wolf temper.....and our tempers definitely clashed quite a few times! But he has ALWAYS been faithful, dependable, loyal and taken very good care of me. I can't say we married for love but I can say through marriage we have grown our love. I hope and pray we are blessed with many more years to come. 💖

** Image ID #1665990 Unavailable **
signature i won from space blog

© Copyright 2023 Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love (UN: wordgeek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052945-Love-Story-Continued-part-2