*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052942-My-Love-Story-part-one
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2299061
A new attempt to create a blog.
#1052942 added July 22, 2023 at 10:20pm
Restrictions: None
💖My Love Story💖 part one


I am going to share a story I have rarely told.

Ten years ago I was told by many friends and family members that I made the biggest mistake of my life. I can't blame them. They were going on the limited bits of information they had and back then I did have a tendency to be impulsive and often would leap without looking. But, those stories are for another time perhaps🙄. Through the magic of Facebook I accepted a friend request from a young lady who seemed nice. No sooner had I accepted, she messaged me and chatted. She was friendly and pleasant and we had several things in common. The second time we chatted she kept telling me about her uncle and how I really should talk to him. No thanks, I had no interest in that. She persisted and eventually convinced me to call HER and talk on the phone. Guess who answered?

I was polite but irritated because he kept talking even after I said several times to put his niece on. He also was polite and stubborn. The more irritated I got the more he talked! Don't get me wrong, he had southern charm in spades. Before I knew it, we had been on the phone for four hours!

He was stubborn. Called ....not texted...every single day for a week. Can I confess something here?🙈 For reasons I have never figured out, I have a weakness for stubborn, ornery guys. The more stubborn and ornery the more I like them. Crazy huh!? And let me tell ya, Fred was and is both.

We talked for two months and decided it was time to meet face to face. We lived about a seven hour drive apart and I made the drive. It happened to be during Easter weekend and I cooked a nice dinner and he sat in the kitchen and we talked the whole time. He took me to church on Sunday and I met his sister and her family. A few weeks later, he invited me for a second visit.

A few weeks later he calls me about 11 pm in a complete panic. Screaming and throwing a huge fit and I was having trouble understanding half what he said finally he let out a string of curses and said, "just get her by morning or don't e er talk to me again!" And he hung up!😬 Whoa, had never heard him talk like that before!

So, I did what any ticked off Irish-German-Texan woman would do. I jumped in my car and drove seven hours over night determind to give him a piece of my mind! I pulled into his drive by eight in the morning. I didn't even turn the car off. He was sitting on the porch waiting and no sooner I stopped the car, he got in and told me to drive!

He didn't say much, just gave orders on where to go. We ended up at the preacher's house and Fred grabbed by hand and said, just do what he says. Um. Ok. We said vows and got married right then and there in the preacher's living room.He never actually asked me to marry him he just sprung it on me!

What was the big emergency and cause for his crazy behavior?? Ahh, good question. Come back tomorrow for the Rest of the Story. (Seriously, this is a super long story and for your sake I'm going to tell it in three parts😉)
** Image ID #1665990 Unavailable **
signature i won from space blog

© Copyright 2023 Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love (UN: wordgeek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052942-My-Love-Story-part-one