*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053056-Unexpected-Results
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2299061
A new attempt to create a blog.
#1053056 added July 25, 2023 at 11:20pm
Restrictions: None
Unexpected Results😲

 


Today did not turn out as I planned. It has been made obvious we are in no way sophisticated people. The day started out nicely. I surprised my husband with a lite brunch and made strawberry cheese danish rolls and coffee. We shared some with our neighbor and husband did not leave a single bite left.

image of special brunch


We had an unexpected delivery. My sister sent us a bottle of champagne insisting it was a MUST for ten years. Neither my husband or I drink. Ever. But my husband said perhaps we should be polite and at least try it. Take a picture so she feels good. First, it took thirty minutes to figure out how to open it. He finally used a screw driver and hammer. Pretty sure that's not the normal way to do that😆🙄. I made him taste first...I was waiting for the lighting strike⚡His first response was to ask if this was punishment or reward? He couldn't tell. He didn't turn into a frog so I tasted it. Do people really willingly drink this stuff? We would take a sip and quickly drink water. Note to self: don't trust my sister's advice.

The dinner itself was delightful. We had sirloin cut to eye steak with mushrooms and onions, roasted asparagus bundles wrapped in bacon and sweet potato tarts. We enjoyed that and had a nice discussion. The candle light was pretty.

image of our 10th  Anniversary dinner


By now we had dutifully drank a glass of champagne... We shared the glass. The cake turned out beautiful. My husband mentioned we never had a wedding cake...and we got the idea to feed each other. Now, I've fed more babies than I can count and they did not make as much mess as we did. How could we keep missing ? Finally my husband picked up a chunk and I had more on my face than in my mouth. I had a fork full of cake and I don't know why but I flung it at him and hit him in the chest. That was it....it was on!

Before I knew it, we were grabbing handfuls of cake and hurling it at each other...and laughing so hard we had tears and could hardly see to aim. The dogs forgot about begging and took cover! Hubby and I were covered in cake. 🎂

So I decided I needed a shower. He has to hold my hand so I don't fall...and normally that's not a problem. But this time my foot slipped and I plopped down hard on the shower chair which pulled hubby off balance and he ended up tumbling into my bath water...which made us go into more fits of laughter.

image of special dinner



Showered and clean we settled down to watch movies. The dogs hoovered up the cake off the floor....still got a mess to clean up. So much for a sophisticated, formal dinner!

I completely forgot the fancy Dove dark chocolates I bought for the occasion. It may not have turned out like I planned, but I don't think we will ever forget this evening or anniversary!




** Image ID #1665990 Unavailable **
signature i won from space blog

© Copyright 2023 Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love (UN: wordgeek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053056-Unexpected-Results