*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053112-July-27
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1053112 added July 27, 2023 at 11:12am
Restrictions: None
July 27
Prompt: Christmas in July. Do you do anything that is Christmas related in July?

----------

Nope! To me, Christmas belongs in December.

I think, although celebrating Christmas in July might seem like a lighthearted, fun idea, it can also have several negative aspects and consequences.

To begin with, how about commercialization and consumerism as if we don't have enough of it, already! In other words, greed takes away from the spirit of Christmas, once more in the year. Not to mention that a second Christmas dilutes the importance of the real one. It is like saying there are two gods instead of one true God.

Some families and friends like to come together during Christmas, traditionally. Add to this family problems and misgivings, the emotional impact may not be something pleasant. Stressed and overwhelmed once more in the year, people may turn away from celebrating anything.

Plus, there is that tradition and history of Christmas in December, added to cultural and religious sensitivity. Some people who value tradition may even be turned off and insulted by the Christmas in July idea.

There are many other ways to have fun in July, in the first place. In my opinion, replicating Christmas in the middle of summer does overshadow the magic and the significance of the original holiday.

.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053112-July-27