*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053219-Friendship
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1053219 added July 28, 2023 at 11:28am
Restrictions: None
Friendship
Prompt: Let this quote inspire you to discuss friendships: “Friendship ... is born at the moment when one man says to another "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .” ― C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves

-----------

I guess the quote focuses on friendships that start when there is something to be shared like a challenge, a joy, or an experience.

Yet, a friendship can start from just about anything as friendships are as diverse as the individuals involved. In other words, no clear-cut formula is there for how a friendship begins.

Some of the elements from which friendships start can be common interests. For example my cousin is my best friend. It started because we are only one year apart in age and we both have loved and suffered the same family. Then, our likes and dislikes matched even when we were six or seven years old.

As such, proximity is another element. People of the same neighborhood, the same class in the schools, or even those who sit close or next to our desks can become good friends. This is because nearness fosters familiarity and frequent interaction.

Mostly though, shared experiences and similar likes, dislikes, beliefs, sense of humor, and similar moral and life philosophies are more likely to add to being friends with acquaintances, possibly on a deeper level. This type of understanding and closeness can lead to acts of kindness and mutual support, which may create a sense of trust and comfort.

I've enjoyed some very good and lasting friendships in my life and still do. Those can not be bound by any formula whatsoever. Although sometimes, an inclination to be open to new people and experiences can lead to unexpected and wonderful friendships. What truly matters is the willingness to connect with others, to be open, and to nurture those connections over time.


.


© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053219-Friendship