*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053454-2nd-entry-for-August-2023---Memoirs-of-US-Grant
Rated: ASR · Book · Other · #2289858
Reviews for Books Read
#1053454 added August 1, 2023 at 8:34pm
Restrictions: None
2nd entry for August 2023 - Memoirs of U.S. Grant
Title of this book: The Complete Personal Memoirs of General Ulysses S. Grant

ISBN-13: 978-1502844064

Published by Charles L. Webster & Company 1885

This is a 2-in-1 volume set. The author, U. S. Grant, dedicates this book to the American Soldier and Sailor.

Volume 1 outlines U.S. Grant's childhood through to just past the siege of Vicksburg.

Volume 2 outlines meeting with Secretary Stanton and to Appomattox to the end of the Civil War.

He gives outlines of battles, reports, and charts as well as some personal writing. I found it quite interesting, and realize that Grant has a brilliant strategic mind, and is not just a "drunken soldier in charge". If you like technical writing, then I would recommend this book. It is not for someone who just wants a bit of "light reading". One has to make an effort to get through this book.

I give it a 4.5 *Star* rating, and would recommend it for anyone fascinated by General Grant, or the Civil War.


signature updated by lili_in_fl
© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053454-2nd-entry-for-August-2023---Memoirs-of-US-Grant