*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053801-Thai-smiles--or-not-on-a-Pank-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2296648
Left-overs piled on hot rice and mixed.
#1053801 added August 8, 2023 at 12:44am
Restrictions: None
Thai smiles ... or not... on a Pank Day.
Today is a Pank Day (which makes me think of David and Melinda McClain... both gone for years now). David was a true storyteller, one of the best here. Melinda loved horses. I think David named his blog "Almosta Farm". Wish I had copies...

Sorji (Sara) "Good Vibes Hopefully you can share "Red Hoods" soon. It's been a couple hours! *Laugh*

You've been here forever... and a few days added. I joined 18 years ago as well. WdC has changed... and so have we!

I watched Barbie a couple days ago. One of the shocks for Barbie was 'change'. In the end all of the "barbies" and "kens" needed to adjust. We will too.


I document my experiences whenever and wherever I am. I try to mention places and dates... I can't remember everything and frankly... everything changes. My point-of-view hopefully helps others realize that what's in the tourist brochures isn't necessarily day-to-day reality... anywhere. And I find a need to remind others that my experiences won't be theirs. For example, I've never been a party person.

JCosmos on Newsfeed: "Can't comment on what it used to be like in Thailand; but, in Udon Thani folks are fairly chill (but avoid the police).

That said, there's lots of news about tourist misbehavior. People think that Thailand is a place where they can do anything they want (it has that reputation) and then find out that Article 112 is real and enforced or that arguing doesn't work well in this culture, especially with the police, or that respect is not an option. Daily stupidity keeps all the embassies and consulates busy. Isan is far away from the Party Zones of Phuket or Pattaya though."


The movie "Barbie" was fine. Like "Pleasantville" there are important messages aimed at Mid America... but I'm not there now. Can't say whether the movie translated well in Asia. Pan and I watched it in (rapid-fire) English with Thai subtitles. He liked it. Me... it was 'fine'. I exercise and walk every day so that I visit the Real World and not just live in my mind.

ridinghhood-p.boutilier (Patricia) in "August 7, 2023 A lot of people who live in a Barbie World where nothing changes are afraid. Many stick their heads in the ground and pray that everything goes back to normal. But... reality doesn't work like that. Others are aware but don't necessarily do anything about it, other than shout, and end up in despair. That doesn't change anything either.

On this pink day (Tuesday = pink in Thailand) I'll exorcise (exercise), study, read and write. I'm not doing much either; but, years ago when I felt threatened by circumstances I left home and never went back. There were consequences, not all of them pleasant; but, "act or not act"... there are always consequences.


151

© Copyright 2023 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053801-Thai-smiles--or-not-on-a-Pank-Day