*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053892
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2241557
Poems and prose for various contests over the course of the decade.
#1053892 added August 9, 2023 at 10:21pm
Restrictions: None
A Needed Change
Leda arrived at the beach house just as the sun cast the last of its light over the horizon. She drew in a deep, cleansing breath as she marveled at the beauty of the sky line. Not a high-rise in sight.

Tension slipped from her body. She stood there until the shadows lengthened before grabbing her gear and heading for the door.

"Nobody's Home" was the sign posted up on the cottage. She smiled as she slipped the key in the lock.

As she pushed open the door, she caught a whiff of something delectable.

"Hello?" She forced a little bravado into her voice.

"Hey," came a familiar baritone voice that had her heart backing up and stuttering, before racing full tilt.

"What are you doing here?" she sputtered.

Callum gave a sultry grin that had her knees weakening.

His voice ran over her skin like liquid honey. "I am your manservant for the week. Dan and Audrey thought you could use some.... help."

"I don't need any help," Leda snapped.

"I beg to differ. You need a place to recharge and get your creative juices flowing. I believe I am the guy that can help you do that."

"I don't need a guy."

"No. You don't, but this is not a need. It's a gift."

Leda opened her mouth to protest, Callum shook his head. "We both deserve a break from the city and our friends figured we could work together to get things sorted out."

"I don't need to get anything sorted out."

He raised a brow. Leda blew out a breath.

"Whatever. Just keep your fine ass out of my way." she muttered.

"You think I have a fine ass?"

Leda scowled at him.

Callum laughed, then went back to stirring the pot.



Words = 296.

Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
For new Mods!


My owl signature from Gemini Gem.
© Copyright 2023 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053892