*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054146-Ghosts
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1054146 added August 15, 2023 at 2:09pm
Restrictions: None
Ghosts?
Prompt: Ghosts and Memories
Do you believe ghosts may exist? Can memories be ghost-like? How did they become a ghost or a memory? How do you think ghosts feel about this world? Have you ever seen a ghost?


------------

Honestly speaking with what I know and remember, I have never seen a ghost, but I believe unexplained stuff can and do happen. For example, I've had numerous dreams that came true. Some were about family members who were far away in other countries and about whose exact situations I had no inkling of. Others were about personal matters that also came true.

Yes, memories can be ghost-like as they pop up at unexpected times to haunt us. Especially, now that I am old, I am always haunted or maybe visited by a sweet or sour memory.

As to the question about how the ghosts feel about our world, I can only say, if I were a ghost, I'd stay away from this mixed-up world and from its wars and famine and disasters and people fighting over nothing and hurting the planet and one another.

Getting back to the question of the ghosts' actual existence, it remains a debatable subject, and I am not the one to deny other people's personal experiences. Whether these experiences arise from cultural and historical beliefs, environmental factors, or personal experiences, who am I to say they are real or not!

While scientific skepticism exists on the subject, in the long run, science cannot explain everything and sometimes does it wrongly, too. Then, some potential explanations involve stuff like sleep paralysis, hallucinations, or emotional attachment to things and places that lead one to perceive paranormal activity.

Yet, there is also parapsychology as a field and parapsychological research. Still, the findings in this field, at present, are far from conclusive, but they do not strictly negate the existence of ghosts and other paranormal activity, also.

In short, I believe there are some unexplained things out there and they may as well be ghosts and other things, or even plain speculation. Maybe someday, we'll find out what that phenomena is, which is fascinating and perplexing us, and if ghosts really do exist.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054146-Ghosts