*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054179-Living-the-Dream
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1054179 added August 16, 2023 at 10:36am
Restrictions: None
"Living the Dream"
Prompt: Living the dream. Write about this in your Blog entry today.

----------

Ahha! But is that ever possible? "Living the dream" is a colloquial expression, which may mean doing what you want and having a sense of contentment and satisfaction. It is, in fact, highly subjective and can vary among people as to what that dream is.

If it means achieving a high level of career success and financial stability, then, this can be done and it is done by many. Yet, ask those people how happy they are and their answers will surprise you. Most of them are not satisfied with their lives at all. Maybe those who are working in their personally chosen field that they are emotionally attached to are a bit more happier, as this can bring about a sense of purpose, personal growth and self-improvement.

What would make a person to be happier, in my opinion, may have something to do with having the opportunity to make a positive impact in their family, work, community, and therefore in the world. Also, having a close-knit and loving family as a support system would help with one's emotional well-being. Then life is complex and dynamic, and things can change at the drop of a hat. As a result, we all struggle with uncertainties.

Maybe a lucky few can find the balance between the personal and the world-at-large, while feeling happiness and well-being, fully. I only wish someone did! So far as I can see, no one is "living the dream." Maybe this life just wasn't meant for it.



.


© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054179-Living-the-Dream