*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054162-Why-I-Hate-The-Cloud
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1054162 added August 15, 2023 at 11:19pm
Restrictions: None
Why I Hate The Cloud
Why I Hate The Cloud


When I got up this morning, I started working on my WDC Short Story for this month. I got another section/part finished and started on the second part/section when my brother and I had something that needed to be done today. So, I saved it. At least I thought that I had saved it, but I didn’t.

After we got done with what we needed to do today, I went back on my Cloud-controlled laptop to continue working on this Short Story. Only it wasn’t there. It wasn’t saved to The Cloud or to my laptop. Because for some reason I wasn’t connected to the Internet. That’s what I have been trying to resolve for the rest of today. That is why I still have five sections/parts to finish this Short Story.

It wasn’t just the Internet that I had a problem with today. it was also my Flash Drive. After a few hours of trying to get back on the Internet, I was starting to think I might need to reset my laptop again. So, I tried to copy my laptop to my Flash Drive. Only I couldn’t even try to do that because of the Internet problem that I was having.

Finally, I got the Internet back. To be safe so that this wouldn’t happen again I tried to place my laptop contents onto my Flash Drive. I still couldn’t do that. This time it was mostly my fault. Couldn’t remember my password to get into Private Access. I thought that I did, but I didn’t.

What did I do? I erased everything on my Flash Drive and tried to create another Private Access. Unfortunately, that took me the rest of today to figure out how to do that. Had a whole lot of problems doing that, but I finally figured it out. As soon as I did, I backed up my laptop contents to it. It took me a little bit of time for me to do that, but I finally got it done. Now it looks like the Internet and my Flash Drives are back.

I knew it wouldn’t be updated like it said it would once I got Internet access back, but I had to try. Had to know if my Short Story was updated. Unfortunately, it wasn’t. I still have five more parts/sections left to do to finish writing this Short Story. I’m going to try to do all five tomorrow, but I know that’s not going to happen.

So, what does that mean? It means that I’m going to try to get some done tomorrow before I got back to work tomorrow at midnight for my Thursday morning shift, but I won’t get them all. If I’m lucky, I may get two or three of them written. That means I will still have two or three more left to write.

Whether I get one, two, three, or more sections/parts written, I’m still going to have the other left to write to finish my WDC Short Story. How I’m going to do that, I’m not sure yet. I have several options, and I don’t like any one of them. One option is to dip into my six-day plan for the second Short Story, I’m trying to write this month. Another option is for me to try to work on it after I get home from work.

The third option is for me to do these short stories at work. That does have its advantage. I could test my handwriting-to-text conversion. Don’t want to do this choice most of all. Despite the advantages, I still don’t want to do it. A lot depends on how many parts/sections I can get done tomorrow.







© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054162-Why-I-Hate-The-Cloud