*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054218-Two-Singers
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1054218 added August 17, 2023 at 10:12am
Restrictions: None
Two Singers
Prompt: Elvis Presley died August 16, 1977. Were you an Elvis Die Hard Fan or are there other singers you love and admire more?

-------

I have never in my life acted like a crazed fan of any singer, artist, or famous person, Having said that, yes, I did like Elvis. At the time of his rise, that is during the 50's, Pat Boone was also on the minds and hearts of us young music lovers. During those early beginnings, I first favored Pat Boone because he wasn't hip swinging like Elvis. This may just be because I am not such a fan of people who stir a bees' nest or any status quo that is working. Later on, however, when Elvis came up with "Love me Tender" "Can't Help Falling in Love" and other milder kinder songs, I appreciated him very much.

Who I really liked as a singer was Luciano Pavarotti, even if this is like comparing apples and oranges. He had the best range and the sweetest voice and sang what I liked to hear and listen. His ability to hit those high notes with clarity and strength was almost superhuman. He was iconic as he could convey deep emotions through the intricate melodies of operatic arias, such as "Nessun Dorma" and Puccini's "Turandot". As many as good operatic performers have surfaced after Pavarotti, in my opinion, none has attained the finesse of his work.

In essence, both Elvis and Pavarotti are reminders of the diversity of artistic expression. For they touched the hearts of millions in our world where music is a force that unites us humans, regardless of our backgrounds and preferences.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054218-Two-Singers