*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054462-Too-Busy-Today-for-Too-Much-Writing
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1054462 added August 22, 2023 at 11:22pm
Restrictions: None
Too Busy Today for Too Much Writing
Too Busy Today for
Too Much Writing


Unfortunately, I was wrong again. I didn’t think that my brother and I had too much that we needed to be done today. Especially, what took all day to do it. It wasn’t quite that bad, but it was a very close second. My brother and I weren’t busy all day today, but it was most of the day. I did have a few hours to work on my second Short Story for this month.

Like yesterday, it was only a few hours. A few hours I put to good work for this Short Story. I was hoping to get at least three more sections/parts written for this Short Story. Maybe even a fourth one, but that didn’t work out that way either. Barely, got two of them written.

It was mostly because of how long it took my brother and I to get done what needed to be done today. that’s not the only reason, though. I also had a little bit of a concentration problem today. it wasn’t as bad as it has been when I have been at work, but it was almost as bad, though. Why was it so bad? It was because I didn’t know how to continue this Short Story. That isn’t exactly true. I knew what I wanted to write.

I just wasn’t sure how I wanted to start it off. Sometimes I have that problem too. It’s usually at the beginning of a Short Story or an Act, Episode, or Movie of a script, but not always. This was one of those times. The beginning of a part/section in a Short Story can be as hard as the beginning of one.

It’s that way with scriptwriting too, but it’s also different too. With short stories, its sections/parts, but with scriptwriting it's scenes. Whether it’s a scene or part of an Outline, it still can be very hard for me to do sometimes. Luckily, that doesn’t happen too often, but when it does it can be very hard for me to concentrate on doing something.

Today was one of those days. I had a lot of trouble getting the next two parts/sections started. Once I got them started, it wasn’t too bad. My hands did all the work and my laptop responded to what my hands were doing. What I’m trying to write is that once I got over my concentration my writing got accomplished.

That means I only have six more sections/parts to finish writing this Short Story. I was hoping that I would only have four or five parts/sections for this Short Story, but it didn’t work out that way. It normally doesn’t when I have a lot more time to work on my writing than I do. Unfortunately, today was one of those days I didn’t get more written than I wanted to write.

What does that mean for this Short Story? It means that I only have four more days off from work to finish writing this Short Story. If it’s like it has been the last couple of days, I should get it done in three more days. That will leave me one day to create it and post it to this contest.






© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054462-Too-Busy-Today-for-Too-Much-Writing