*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055120-Dogs-forever
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1055120 added September 4, 2023 at 5:14am
Restrictions: None
Dogs forever
FORUM
Blog Week Birthday Bastion  (13+)
Blogging event from September 1-7, 2023 Quill Nominee 2023. CLOSED
#2277665 by WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024


Prompt number four: Photo prompt Blog Week

The four prompts were irresistible. How to choose? But as you see the image of the dog won.
I’m a sucker for dogs. Cats not so much. Babies, well who can resist? Turtles are my two year old great granddaughter’s obsession. Don’t ask me why! Yesterday at Father’s Day lunch the whole family had turns in drawing the best 🐢 picture.
But I’ve chosen dogs so hang in there while a wax lyrical about the dogs in my life.
Ok I’ll try not to bore you to tears, so I’ll not mention childhood dogs of which there were many. But the four dogs we’ve had in our lives in Australia were all very special to us and the children. Over 46 years since the first to our current dog each has taken a piece of my heart.
The first one when the kids were little was a rescue from the dogs home. Zak was his name. I wondered why anyone would surrender a beautiful boy like him. I soon found out. He was a destroyer of anything on the washing line. But we kept him until he died at aged ten.
Number two was a puppy GSP. He lived until he was fifteen and needed to be carried into the vets because he could no longer walk. He was a character, an escape artist, a local thief and an absolute charmer.
Number three was another rescue. Mitzy. She was trouble with a capital T. Scared of everything and everyone. She had been kept in a shed for the whole of her one year of life. Poor baby. But with endless patience she grew in confidence. We went on vacation and left her with our daughter. She chased a rabbit and got bowled over by a car. I never saw her alive again. I did write about the day I came back home and went for a walk and the experience I had if anyone is interested in reading a strange encounter.
 A walk in the forest.  (E)
A dead friend revisits.
#2235966 by Sumojo

Our present dog is Lucy. She’s over ten now so I expect we’ll have another sad goodbye very soon. She is a Weimaraner, beautiful in looks and nature. We love her so much.
So as you can see the image of a dog grabbed my attention as I love my dog and all the ones whose t before.


© Copyright 2023 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055120-Dogs-forever