*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055125-Planet-of-the-Humans
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1055125 added September 4, 2023 at 7:13am
Restrictions: None
Planet of the Humans
I just finished watching, not one of, but the most harrowing documentary I have ever seen. It is not for the faint-hearted or anyone who would prefer not to know the truth about the future of human civilisation. I think, deep down, most of us already understand what is at stake, but each and every one of us will also hold onto hope that we can see our way through this predicament...as I did, at least, until today.

Climate change is not the only problem we face, and this doco shows the graphic reality of what the future holds. I must admit, it was hard to watch, pretty much throughout, and, if you do decide to watch it, it will be hard for you to. That is unless you can find a way to deny the story it tells and hold onto hope.

Spoiler alert...unlike most Hollywood productions, there is no happy ending. In fact, the ending is the most difficult thing to see. You can put your head in the sand and pretend that things are not going to get as bad as this doco claims it might...and I wouldn't blame you one little bit if you did.

In some ways, I wish I hadn't watched it either. But, I don't believe in avoiding the truth, and as I said, most people will already see the writing is on the wall.

The inevitable outcomes that our lifestyles create, by taking without thought the unsustainable resources this planet cannot continue to provide...and yet, we still expect that it will go on forever.

https://youtu.be/Zk11vI-7czE?si=2WMB9NJLJ6iPj3dZ

This is the link for an interview with Jeff Gibbs and Michael Moore, once the shit hit the fan.

https://youtu.be/Bop8x24G_o0?si=oZ7FTCK9kBGhveTC

© Copyright 2023 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055125-Planet-of-the-Humans