*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055322-Fast-X-For-the-Adrenalin-Junkie
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1055322 added September 8, 2023 at 12:29pm
Restrictions: None
Fast X For the Adrenalin Junkie
September 7, 2023.


Last Prompt 7
Write a movie review of one of the last movies you watched, on television, online, or in the movie theatre. Make us want to see that movie!

         Well this could be awkward. I believe the last movie I watched and 'watched' is putting it loosely, is of the romance genre. I wasn't paying attention. I busied myself playing an online word game while hubby chose and enjoyed the film. He is the one who loves this type of movie. Some refer to them as chick flicks, but I assure you my partner is not a 'chick.' He is however addicted/drawn/enamored to/of plots one could call 'lovey-dovey.' They are not my first choice. The Hallmark Channel has not beguiled me.
         He, I refer to hubby, is usually only home for two or three evenings and as such I permit him to wield the television remote controller. For his brief sojourn he commands the entertainment. He waves it from the loveseat and presses buttons. We have one television and it doubles as our computer screen.
         Sometimes, just for a change, the master-of-the-remote opts for an action movie. This genre appeals to me more than the cookie cutter newly-dumped-person-not-looking-for-love-meets-and-denies-sparks/attraction-only-to-wake-up-to-a budding-relationship romance schtick.
         Now it's not the action film in and of itself that is riveting. My spouse's reactions and by this I mean actual, physical actions are much more amusing. He immerses himself in what he watches. When the hero/heroine is running he pants and gasps with kindred effort. When the main character is jumped or assaulted and forced to fight he cringes and throws a few punches of his own. He ducks from imminent blows or hurtling objects. He clenches and flexes his hands. If the onscreen persona encounters a surprise hubby flinches and jerks. It's quite the reflexive workout.
         I suppose the most recent movie I watched in this genre would have to be categorized as an action/thriller film. The love of my life is a fan of anything to do with racing, vehicles and non-stop, harrowing, heart-pumping action. Perhaps he should've been a stunt man. The Fast and Furious franchise has now released ten movies and we sat down to view that tenth one. Predictably it bore the Roman numeral for ten, an 'x' in its title, Fast X .
         If you enjoy non-stop, life-endangering, breakneck-speed, mind-boggling, grand scale stunts than this is the movie for you. You will not be able to blink, or breathe as you perch on the edge of your seat. Have you ever imagined a giant metal bomb careening down the historic, cobbled streets of Rome? Is it unbelievable that the behemoth of an explosive smashes and destroys everything in its path including but not limited to parked vehicles, buildings, and a towering stone staircase? Would you believe it possible, or a far-fetched stretch of the imagination to see a classic car pulling not one, but two hovering helicopters by two lengths of chain?
         Oh, and if you are a fan of the actor Jason Momoa you will not be disappointed. In this movie he acts as a villain, a crazy, ruthless, flamboyant bad guy intent upon revenge and mayhem with the chilling, apropos name, Dante.
         My hubby loves the classic cars that star alongside people. Jason's car is a mauve , okay, lavender Chevrolet Impala. The hero, one of the heroes, Dominic, drives a black 1970 Dodge Charger, a muscle car. This is eye candy for aficionados. Hubby laments the damage these vehicles suffer during the high-speed stunts, but if you like grind 'em, smash 'em action this movie is a must.
         As if anyone needs more incentives to watch this film, my spouse slept well after the adrenalin rush he maintained for the length of the movie. The steering, swerving, braking, in a constant state of stress tired him out. Of course he had to sleep to recover.

© Copyright 2023 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055322-Fast-X-For-the-Adrenalin-Junkie