*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055351-One-Down-Two-to-GoPart-III
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1055351 added September 8, 2023 at 7:08pm
Restrictions: None
One Down, Two to Go...Part III
Finally, I filled all of the criteria required for the application to get my 401k one year early. Pulling a tooth with a pair of pliers is one analogy I could use if I was being dramatic. A huge pain in the ass, if being reflective, and following all of the guidelines set out under the rules...now that the application is done and posted to the fund administrators.

Without a doubt, there will be some technicalities (uncrossed t's or undotted i's) on the application, that will delay the process...a delay I anticipate and am prepared for. I now have two doctors who have signed the claim forms, the second just a few hours ago, which was the last hurdle on my part. Now, I just have to await the decision, which should be a formality.

I didn't sleep well last night because of the stress and anxiety this whole process has caused me. Having to practically beg my regular doctor to sign was a definite lowlight. But, as they say, every dark cloud has a silver lining. That came in the form of the doctor I saw today, who recently started at the same practice. Instead of acting like I had asked him for a kidney, he looked at the form and filled it out without fuss. And so, I now have a new GP...not that my old one will notice.

The weight has been lifted and I am now looking forward to an early night in bed.

There was a bonus that came just before I left for my doctor's appointment when Mr Singh, the gentleman who owns the two adjoining properties, called by to make a fresh offer on the house. I laughed and said that he must really want to buy my place. He laughed too, but then made a substantially higher offer than the one he made a month ago. I asked for 24 hours to give him a decision, but now that it is likely I will be able to pay out my siblings and keep the house, I am going to have to decline his kind offer...at least, for the time being.

© Copyright 2023 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055351-One-Down-Two-to-GoPart-III