*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Offsite Blogs
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055580-Update-for-Leon
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by bren
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #2245574
Sharing thoughts and experiences because no one should feel alone in their darkest hours.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1055580 added September 11, 2023 at 11:46am
Restrictions: None
Update for Leon.
Dear Leon,
Wow, it’s been about two years since I’ve written here. Just know that it’s not for lack of thinking of you. Every day. I think sometimes it just got too hard you know me and my avoidance behavior. Let me see if I can catch you up over the last two years.
First, it seems today is 911. Do you remember during the actual event we were driving home from California and were in upstate New York when chaos struck. We were hearing bits and pieces on the news on the radio and when we stopped at a convenience store they had the TV on it seems so unreal. I just wanted to get home and then it was days seems so quiet no airplane noise, and when they were allowed to fly again, we were walking out of Williston Walmart in the parking lot when an airplane went overhead and everybody just stopped and looked up. It’s incredible what Events like that can do to society
Toby and Jenna moved back to California about a year and a half ago. He is working as an electrical project manager out there. He got training on the job and get a ridiculously high salary. And yet they have not saved any money I have have a very expensive lifestyle I think. They say they’re coming back, but unless he can save some money, I’m not sure he will be happy with the wages on the East Coast. We miss him a lot and hope he at least moves closer.
Tori and Jim have their house up Kathy, Geoff and I and Max went down in February to visit them. It’s a long drive about 15 hours not counting break time. Their house is beautiful on Douglas Lake, which is overlooked by the smoky mountains. It’s a gorgeous view. The quaint little town of Dandridge is quite nice. The people are friendly. The shops are cute. But I can’t picture us moving to Tennessee anytime soon. You’d be a palled to hear that Tennessee passed the law that if you’re homeless, you get put in prison. Ugh!
Derek stayed in California. He’s working as an EMT and sharing a house with friends he wasn’t able to come home in February so I haven’t seen him for a while but he seems to be doing well.
Christopher is doing well. Still lives at home and is working at food. City stocking shelves. He has a girlfriend and she seems pretty nice.
Megan’s doing well still the spoiled youngest and still quite the cutie. She graduated this past spring and we weren’t able to come out because Geoff was sick more about that later. She has a boyfriend that Max just doesn’t like. It makes me nervous but I imagine being a first boyfriend it’ll be a pretty short lived.
Well I’m dog sitting for ten days and it’s a little hectic with three dogs so I’ll get back to this during a quieter time!
I love you. You’re always in my heart.
Meet me in my dreams.


© Copyright 2023 bren (UN: bren13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
bren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055580-Update-for-Leon