*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055701-Twilight
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1055701 added September 13, 2023 at 1:34pm
Restrictions: None
Twilight
Prompt: Today is National Twilight Day. Are you a Twilight Fan? Team Edward or Team Jacob? Write about the Twilight series today.

============

A fan? Not really. I am usually not a fan of any show or movie.

As to the Twilight series, I have only watched a couple of episodes of the whole thing, one in Twilight and the other in New Moon. Since my husband thought the idea behind those stories was idiotic, we both avoided that show. My personal thinking was, I didn't much care for the vampire element in it. By the same token, neither did I ever take lovingly to Count Dracula.

For what little I know and seen of the series, I can only say that the actors were awesome. The plot stories circulating behind and through the shows were possibly not to my taste. To be fair, if I were to watch the whole thing at a different time, maybe when I was in my teens, I might have liked it.

As to the word "twilight," it refers to the period of the evening when the sun has set but the sky is not yet fully dark. It is that magical and often fleeting time when the day changes into the night, and the world is bathed in a soft, dim, and diffused light. This normal and natural event has captivated human imagination for centuries, giving rise to both literal and metaphorical interpretations.

Although I said evening in the paragraph above, twilight actually happens twice in a day, at dawn and at dusk, painting the sky with warm colors, from shades of orange and pink to deep blues and purples. The symbolic meaning may refer to transition, ambiguity, the unknown and the in-between times of life that represent the beauty and the melancholy of life's fleeting. I guess the Twilight Series got its title from this symbolism of the word.

.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055701-Twilight