*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056142-A-Later-Start-is-Just-the-Beginning
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1056142 added September 23, 2023 at 11:12pm
Restrictions: None
A Later Start is Just the Beginning
A Later Start is
Just the Beginning


What do I mean by the above blog title? It means that I didn’t get started with my writing of Part Two of my Movie Introduction for my Water Wars scriptwriting project until about thirty minutes after I got to work earlier today. It’s usually ten to fifteen minutes before I get started. Today it was around thirty.

Why did it take me so long to get started earlier today? it’s because I had some catching up to do with what I had already done with Part Two. I had to go into Part One to see how I did a few things before I got too far into Part Two. Luckily, I didn’t have too much rewriting that I needed to do in Part Two so far.

That’s not all I needed to do in Part One, though. I also had to renumber my pages for the first eighteen pages. They used to be 1, 2, etc. – P1 – TS. I added the WW for Water Wars to them. So, now they are like the rest of my pages. They’re now 1, 2, etc. – WWP1 – TS. I know that sounds trivia, but it helps me keep track of my pages.

Since I’m forced to handwrite my single sentences, my Outlines, and my scripts, I need to keep them all together. If something happens and they get mixed up somehow, I need to be able to sort them back to normal as quickly as I can. It has happened before with my single sentences and my Outlines. Don’t want it to happen to my scrips too.

I have also noticed that there is a big problem with my Outlines compared to my scripts so far. I’m having to place a lot of ‘change – see scripts’ in the margins of my single paragraphs Scene Outlines because they aren’t the same. Sometimes they are close to being the same, and sometimes I will be needing to do a partial or complete rewrite.

In the past, I would have given up on my scripts to make the changes. I’m not going to do this now. I am going to continue on with my scripts. I’ll rewrite the Scene and maybe the Story Outlines later. That’s why I have put ‘see scripts’ in the margins. So, that I can go to my scripts to update my Outlines. Does that make any sense?

Even with the late start earlier today, I still got fifty-eight paragraphs written for this Part Two. I think that also included five Establishing Shot paragraphs. It may be four instead of five, but I think it was five. Whether it’s four or five, I still got fifty-eight of the written earlier today at work. That’s very good considering.

That’s not all, though. I also got sixteen and a half scenes written earlier today too. Not only did I finish my Teaser Act, but I also go the first scene of Act One done too. It could have been a bit more with both my Scene numbers and paragraphs, but considering the delays, I think I did very well earlier today at work.







© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056142-A-Later-Start-is-Just-the-Beginning