*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056179-Two-More-New-Records-I-Think
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1056179 added September 24, 2023 at 11:28pm
Restrictions: None
Two More New Records, I Think
Two More New Records, I Think


Not only did I get sixty-two single paragraphs written my Act One of Part Two of the Movie Introduction for my Water Wars project, but I also got nineteen scenes written earlier today at work. If I’m correct, that is two new records for me. At I think that they are.

I’m very surprised that I got that much done in one day. True, it was a Sunday aka a weekend, but that’s still a lot writing in one day. Even if it is a Sunday. Especially, since it didn’t go very smoothly. I had a lot of trouble with a couple of the scenes. Knew what I wanted to write, but not the best way to write them.

One I only had to partially re-write. At least one other I had to write all over again. I think the complete rewrite was only once, but it could have been twice. Don’t think it was three times, but it could have been that too. I’m fairly sure there were only two or three of them.

Another problem that I had was the lack of sleep the day before. It’s not unusual for me to only get about six hours of sleep on a Saturday afternoon and early evening. After all, I do work two twelve-hour shifts on the weekend. I don’t even think I got six hours yesterday. It was more like five and a half hours than six.

A missing half hour shouldn’t make me that sleepy at work, but considering where I work and how cold it can get there, I’m not surprised if that missing half hour could have resulted in my lack of sleep. I didn’t physically go to sleep or even take a nap, but I came close a few times.

I also had some problems with my Tenses too. When it comes to short stories the Reviewers and judges want them to be written in the Past Tense, but with scripts they are supposed to be in the Present Tense. For some reason, I had a lot of trouble doing that today at work. Especially, when it came to dialogue.

Yes, I know that dialogue can be both Present Tense and Past Tense. Depending on what they are saying but I prefer to do my dialogue in the Present Tense too. It’s another weird thing I like to do when it comes to my writing. Probably something else the Reviewer and judges won’t like.

That’s not all, though. I also had some problems with keeping my lines/scenes down to thirteen, fifteen, and nineteen lines/seconds. There were several scenes I had to adjust slightly to keep them thirteen, fifteen, or nineteen lines/seconds done. Luckily, it didn’t happen too often, but it did happen a few times.

Overall, I think that I did a great job earlier today with my writing. Hopefully, I can continue doing that in the next few weeks and months. If I can, I will get done with these scripts a lot sooner than I expected I would do them. Of course, I still need to transfer them to my laptop.






© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056179-Two-More-New-Records-I-Think