*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056204-The-Ocean
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1056204 added September 25, 2023 at 12:42pm
Restrictions: None
The Ocean
What do you like about an ocean and what types of things mankind still has to discover about the oceans?

----

Although I don't live on the ocean but only at a short driving distance, sitting at the beach and watching it fascinates me. The ocean, to me, is like some people I love and admire; calm on the outside but with unreachable depths inside or, when irked, all their rage coming out in huge waves and tsunamis.

Thus, the ocean may mean action, serenity, and rhythms of the tides, just like life itself with and its ebbs and flows. It, therefore, offers adventures for us such as sailing, surfing, scuba diving, and snorkeling.

Under the surface of the ocean, a multitude of ecosystems exist. Those we so far know are coral reefs, kelp forests, and underwater caves and whatever lurks in them.

The ocean also harbors from the tiniest to the largest of all creation that we are aware of. The very depths of the ocean still remain unexplored where there are creatures adapted to the extreme pressure of the water and darkness, such as giant squids and bizarre deep-sea fish, as well as marine microbes with unknown functions that may be beneficial to us for our medical needs.

Then, the ocean's currents do regulate our earth's climate, but we haven't yet discovered all those intricacies fully, yet. Although much exploration has been done in our time, we still have to discover what's beneath the ocean and what the oceans mean to our planet's life in terms of climate changes, pollution, recycling, and nutrients. Just maybe, understanding the oceans better could save us and our planet from further destruction.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056204-The-Ocean