*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056111-Listening
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1056111 added September 23, 2023 at 11:34am
Restrictions: None
Listening
Prompt: Words
Let's use these words in our entry today: twenty-three, candles, allocation, seed, explain, meet, and descent. Have fun!


-------

On a warm summer evening, Megan sat in her cozy living room with twenty-three candles illuminating the space. It was a special night, her birthday, and she had chosen to celebrate it quietly with just a few close friends.

As the soft glow of the candles flickered, she couldn't help but reflect on her life. She had spent the past few years working diligently on her career and personal growth. It was a time of self-discovery and planting the seeds of her dreams for the future.

As her friends began to arrive, Megan greeted them with hugs and smiles. Among them was Lyn, a close friend who had always been there for her. She pulled her aside and asked, "Lyn, can you explain something to me, just for a moment?"

"Of course," Lyn replied, looking concerned.

They found a quiet corner of the room, away from the laughter and chatter of the party. Megan took a deep breath and began, "You know, I've been thinking a lot about my life lately. I've worked hard, achieved some of my goals, and I'm grateful for that. But I wonder if I'm on the right path. Am I doing what truly makes me happy, or am I just following an allocation of my time and energy based on what society expects of me?"

Lyn listened intently, her gaze fixed on Megan. This moment had to be important for her.

Megan continued, "I've been so focused on my descent into adulthood, trying to meet all these expectations, that I haven't taken the time to really understand what I want and why I want it. It's like I've been following a script without questioning it."

Lyn nodded in understanding. "It's never too late to pause and reflect on your journey. It's a brave step to question the path you're on and seek clarity. What do you want to do differently?"

Megan said, "I want to explore, to take some risks, and to chase my passions without worrying about what others might think. I want to be true to myself and explain my choices to myself before anyone else."

Lyn placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "That's a beautiful goal, Megan. And you have the potential to achieve it. We're all here to support you on your journey of self-discovery."

Thus, with renewed determination, Megan blew out the twenty-three candles, symbolizing the start of a new chapter. Then, when she looked around at her friends, she felt a sense of gratitude for the people who were there for her, plus a newfound excitement for her life ahead.

Sometimes, it just helps to listen to what our friends say about what's on their minds. We don't have to offer any solutions.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056111-Listening