*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056249-Neighbors
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1056249 added September 26, 2023 at 3:04pm
Restrictions: None
Neighbors
Prompt: Neighbors
How do you like your neighbors where you live? In your opinion, what makes a good neighbor and how important it is to be a good neighbor?


------------

My neighbors are fine, I think. I don't know them very well but I know they are decent people. The reason I don't know them all that well is the age difference. When we moved into our house more than thirty years ago, we were the youngest couple. Now, I think I'm the oldest one and everyone else is much younger. Earlier, I was really friendly with several neighbors until Covid struck and took some of them away. Then, the others moved to other states and to nursing homes, or they moved in with their children.

The reasons my now-neighbors are good begin with their respect and privacy for me and for one another, and they all maintain their properties well, ensuring a clean and tidy environment for everyone. For example, all my neighbors have dogs but they are always on a leash when outside and they are never a disturbance. Also, my neighbors are not noisy or culturally insensitive as just about every house on our street has a family member from a different culture and those family members have gained a sense of belonging here.

As far as I can see it, being a good neighbor is not only a matter of personal ethics but also a commitment that contributes to the overall well-being of a community. When neighbors treat each other with kindness, respect, and consideration, it creates a positive atmosphere that enhances everyone's quality of life.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056249-Neighbors