*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056265-20230927-Writing-Day
by s
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2263218
A blog detailing my writing over the next however long.
#1056265 added September 26, 2023 at 8:44pm
Restrictions: None
20230927 Writing Day
September 27, 2023, 10:15am

Well, yesterday was interesting.

I tortured myself - well, I don't think I had a choice, to be honest - by writing where the woman I like and who rejected me was. See, she works where I currently stay, and my room lost Internet, so I had to go down to where she was, and use their 'Net.

I spent around 4 hours there, typing madly away, trying not to be distracted by her, until it got too crowded, then went to the library for another 3 hours, where the Internet kept cutting out (as I knew it would; they're having serious issues at the moment due to vandalism).

7 hours of typing.

So? you might ask, interrupting me.

It resulted in 6,135 words added to my story, at an average of around 14 words a minute. That is the sort of word count I'll need come November! The climax and denouement are now visible. I've killed a few people, wounded a few others, and am about to bring in an annoying United Etatian (are there any others? okay, unfair, but USAians do have a stereotype that is hard to ignore) to bring it all to a head.

But this is where I run into an issue.

I don't know whether to kill the one of the main female characters or have her be saved through... something. Her death would end the book on a real downer, as we've followed her from having her stomach and face ripped open to being something different, seeing the really good relationship she has with her father and the fact she is good at her job. She is (mostly) likable. But saving her feels way too cliched, too "happily ever after." So, I'm torn unless I can find a third option...

And I need to make that decision soon, because the end is nigh... and I need to get this done before November so it doesn't sit in my head while I try to complete my NaNoWriMo novel (cover done, title decided, main characters worked out, antagonist sorted... no ending...)

Hmm... No ending...

I see a pattern here that does not bode well....


© Copyright 2023 s (UN: stevengepp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
s has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056265-20230927-Writing-Day